Super 90 pto clutch removal

Jobolt68

Removing the pto clutch I have the rear end opened, the hydraulic pump removed, the back cover and pto shaft removed, the snap ring off, and the four bolts out of the housing covering the pto clutch.

I can not get that housing to come out. Is the bearing for the pinion gear holding it in? If so how does that get removed?
Thank you.

I will be doing the pto clutch pack on my super 90 soon. What did you learn and do you have pointers for doing it? Everything I see online is telling me to split the tractor. Can it be done without doing it?

I will be doing the pto clutch pack on my super 90 soon. What did you learn and do you have pointers for doing it? Everything I see online is telling me to split the tractor. Can it be done without doing it?
On MF 85, 88, and S90 models the lift cover and rear trans/diff split is needed to remove the PTO clutch pack, it comes out AFTER the three point hydraulic pump is removed, rear PTO shaft/cover, and pinion bearing plate removed. Best get a service manual before starting this project.

On MF 85, 88, and S90 models the lift cover and rear trans/diff split is needed to remove the PTO clutch pack, it comes out AFTER the three point hydraulic pump is removed, rear PTO shaft/cover, and pinion bearing plate removed. Best get a service manual before starting this project.
Thanks diesel. I got one all ready. Didn’t know if there was a way to do it without splitting

Question for you diesel…. I have everything apart. On the backside of the pack where the three pins from the support assembly engage into the clutch pack, is that the pto disc brake? I don’t want to rip it apart in case the parts aren’t available

Question for you diesel…. I have everything apart. On the backside of the pack where the three pins from the support assembly engage into the clutch pack, is that the pto disc brake? I don’t want to rip it apart in case the parts aren’t available
If I recall those pins are for the brake plate to hold the drum in the off position. The hydraulic pressure releases the brake when PTO is on. The brake is still on when lever is in ground drive position but there's not enough drag to damage the parts.

If I recall those pins are for the brake plate to hold the drum in the off position. The hydraulic pressure releases the brake when PTO is on. The brake is still on when lever is in ground drive position but there's not enough drag to damage the parts.
Thanks. The holes that the three pins go into are damaged

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back