Case 530 Diesel

Steamboat

My case 530 diesel just quit running yesterday. Seems like it is not getting any fuel. I changed fuel filters and now can't get fuel into promary filter. Secondary filter is full. I thought fuel first flows into primary filter. Baffling!!

It is not baffling at all ,tires hold air and you can continue to put more air in til Tight . Right ? , until there is a outlet You can compress that air ,, Right ? ,. All Diesels are the same in this respect , The air in Your fuel lines is locked with No Outlet OK ?. Easy remedy ,,. Loosen the fuel line ,, a turn or to BEYOND the filters before the injection pump ,, I am assuming You have loosened your bleeder cap on the filters ,, If NOT ,,,Do that TOO ..FILL the FUEL tank to increase flow pressure or pressurize the tank with air and a clean shop cloth around the fuel fill cap ,. 30 lbs of air is plenty , I have had to loosen a injection line along the pump to0 get the pump to prime ,..ONE LINE is enuf OK ,Let the air bubble thru before tightening EACH CONNECTION eventually ending at the pump lines last ,,You ARE purging the AIR from the lines ,,. At Full throTTLE CRANK the engine and reduce speed once it starts to run smoothly ,,. CHECK FOR FUEL LEAKS !,,. THEY ALLOW air to get in the system ! ,,. ALSO Your 530 Should have a water trap ,.. under the tank that should be drained at least 4 times a yr or every 4 tank fulls OK ..Most every trap i ever serviced on a Newbie to My fleet has so much sediment that nothing came out when i opened the valve ,,. remove the valve and clean , More than likely scarcely a drop will drip out.. after that be quick , when pushing a fence wire or equal thru the hole fuel will rush out ,, You want to get that valve back on quick or at the very least have drip bucket there.. GOOD Luck,... btw as a 11 yr old kid My brother and I were baffled too when My Dads pride 430 quit,,. My brother was 14 ,,. Our neighbor just happened to come home when all were baffled LOL . The neighborhood pals were helping Us bale hay .He serviced a fleet of trucks building the highway , And Laughed at Us and told Us we had A LOT to LEARN.So listen and watch closely ..... He schooled Us! ,,.Then good naturedly scolded My Dad for not changing filters since He got the NEW 430 a yr ago. From then On I could get them running,. .

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back