Case IH 5100 12 foot

Hi my name's Erik and I own a case 5100 and I'm look to find info on it. When I bought it did not have the original tires on it and I need to find new ones with the correct OD. Secondly It came with no closing wheels behind the coulters so I need to build them because as of yet I have not been able to buy them or find them for sale anywhere. If anyone could help with this it would be greatly appreciated.

That sounds expensive. Can you make drag covering chains work for what you are doing, or just find another drill
with the press wheels?

Shoup has some parts for the covering wheels, but I dont see complete units.

Paul

I'm guessing you want to plant soybeans with it. If so You will be looking for the whole assembly of closing wheels and press wheels altogether. If just planting wheat or oats and hay or grass Just put an old spike tooth behind it to cover with or a small packer. We used a spike for decades behind a drill to cover for everything but beans. For beans you will be happier with a packer behind it. The reason is if you have any stones the spike will roll them up on top to get with the combine. A packer will squash them down so you don't have that problem also will help with making it flatter for combining in the fall. For the cost of the closing wheel assemblies I would look for a different drill with them already on it.

The 5100 drill we had came new with
Firestone 7.50-20 multi-rib tires.
We replaced them with the 2 rib /
channel style tires and it worked
much better, as it would allow it to
float on top of the ground when each
drive tire ran back over the last
opener passes. That help prevent
mashing the soybean seed down too
deep when used to plant soybeans. If
you were going to use it for just
small grains (wheat, rye, etc), I
would put a set of drag chains on it
assuming it will be ran on well
prepared land. My son is in the same
situation with a recently acquired
JD drill on the press wheels.
Finding enough reasonably priced
parts to add them on is a challenge.
A IH 5100 is not a no-till drill.

Actually I'm a regenerative farmer and we're planting diverse cover crops with this ih so there about 80 different types of seed in the mix after that i farm flowers in the cover cropped area

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back