M Nut

I have a 1945 and a 1951 SC Case tractor that I take to a local threshing show each year. I want an implement to pull behind each one. I just
finished a Case vwta-s running gear and built a bundle rack for it. Now I?m thinking of a plow. I have located three different ones, but don?t know
which one is ?period correct? for these SC tractors.
1st is a 2-14 on full steel wheels with mechanical lift.
2nd is a 2-14? on full rubber with mechanical lift.
3rd is a 2-14? on full rubber with hydraulic lift.
Is any one of the three more time period correct than the others? (Both tractors have hydraulics to use the hydraulic lift plow.)

Thanks for your thoughts

2/14 on rubber with hyd would be the same era as the '51, and because of war rationing etc, perhaps the all steel w/the '45........ basically your choice, nothing would be wrong. Our plows were mech lifts into the mid 50s when they were replaced with larger ones w/hyd lifts by that time

You will like the hydraulic lift better than the mechanical in actual use, but if just for show it's your choice. The condition of the plow bottoms is more important. It gets tiresome in a hurry if the plow won't scour and has dirt build up instead of sliding off.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back