Centaur Tractor

Anonymous-0

I have a friend that is trying to sell me a Centaur tractor but I can't seem to find much information, especially on this model. The tag on the right side of the engine says LeRoi Company Centaur Division, Greenwich, Ohio. Model number M2, Engine number 19X2743, Sn. 48773 Bore 3 1/2 Stroke 3 5/8. I have some tractor books that show Centaurs but they are Model KV,6-10, 6-10 G, KV22 and Centaur 10 but no M2 and I am pretty sure I read this right. It has an overhead valve engine of 140 cubic inch. It also has the remains of a mower, no cutter bar, and two sets of pulley just ahead of the clutch and brake pedals that looks like it may power the mower. Casting show 4 speeds forward and one reverse. He said they had it running this summer and goes like a spotted ape in road gear. Also the drive unit for the mower sticks out the LEFT side of the tractor so it looks like the mower was mounted on the left side. It also has what looks like a big vacuum cylinder back by your feet to lift the mower What can anyone tell me about this tractor and what is it worth. He said it runs but it would not start today as it was out side in the rain. Needs paint but is not all rusty. Also is their a web site devoted to LeRoi/Centaur tractor? Thank you everyone! Roger

I also have a Centaur with the "M" on the info plate. From what I understand that stood for a
"mowing tractor". That would make sense since your friends Centaur looks to once have a mower. He is also correct about there speed,they are very quick in road gear. They used this speed to get from one road mowing job to another. I live in Ohio where the Centaurs were built,and it is even hard to come up with much information around here.There is a web site,if you put in Centaur tractor and hit search you should be able to find it.

Brent, Thank you so much for the prompt reply and the great info. I did try to come up with a web page and finally it came up. I must have done some thing wrong the first several times as it didn't work but now it is good. Thank you again!!! Roger

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back