Cessna Power Steering Pump on a 550

CMCCOY7

I have a Cessna Power Steering pump on my 1963 Oliver 550. The Cessna Mod# G 20436 OEFY. It is leaking oil out the front shaft. It appears to function properly and after opening it up I think it needs a seal kit for the center of the pump. Not sure if the bushing the shaft rides in is a problem but it looks good and clean. Gears looked great! Does anyone know where I might find these seals? It also had a copper type thin plate in the center that had some scratches/wear. I need some of you to give me your advice on what your recommendations would be? Is there a modern replacement pump available if I cannot fix this one? Thanks Chris.

I just found this rebuild kit and it looks right but it is for a Massey. See the link: https://www.tractorpartsasap.com/power-steering-pump-seal-kit-massey-
ferguson-113670.html
What do you all think?

If it's the same type pump as the 1550 there's a JD kit that will fit. AT31215
cvphoto101526.jpg

If you come up empty handed on parts, and everything is NLA from Agco, you can probably do what I had to do with a Gleaner E combine. Cessna was the supplier for that one too. I ended up having a local hydraulic shop custom modify an off the shelf pump to fit the bracket and pulley. I had to do a little fabrication work for the reservoir, but it now works. Originally the reservoir was directly attached to the pump.
mvphoto82036.jpg

Ok thanks. I am waiting for J Schwiebert to get back to me. Sounds
like he may know something that may help as well..parts or maybe
a work around?

There might be a parts breakdown of that pump in the parts manual, I don't recall. If so, you may be able to source the seals by cross reference.

Hey John, can you send me the info on where to get that PS pump kit, got a 550 here that should be done and Agco only sells the seal for it now. Thanks

J. Schweibert
I sent my number and email but not sure I did it correctly so if not here it is.
812-264-5619
[email protected]

I still have not been able to find the kit. My "back plate" (copper plate inside pump) is scratched so it'd be nice to replace it as well.

This post was edited by CMCCOY7 on 09/20/2021 at 12:18 pm.

Yes I got the parts book and it does have the parts break down but I am unsure how best to cross reference the parts???

I reviewed the parts manual and it shows a front seal just behind the pulley and plate. When I disassembled the pump I did not have this seal in place.....it would explain my leak. I am still looking for parts if there is someone who can help me out I'd appreciate it. My cell is 812-264-5619 Text or call.

I need the following:
156 440-A Diaphragm
156 439-A Gasket
156 438-A Gasket
156 437-A Seal
156 436-A Seal

A friend told me these guys are very helpful, I can't speak to it-http://hydparts.org/

I know they post Cessna pump kits on ebay for Masseys and the like, but that's all I know. I'd give them a call. Maybe some of the parts will be a match and you'll get lucky. I can't think that Oliver would spec out a pump any different than Massey or any other company. They all bought them in bulk and just slapped them on whatever.

Here are pictures of the offending parts. One of the pics is of the seal around the shaft that I thought was missing on mine. Obviously it is there but not functioning.
cvphoto102020.jpg

cvphoto102021.jpg

Just following up on this post. J. Schweibert was able to help me out with a guy who had a rebuild kit for sell. Here is a link to the YouTube video of the rebuild.

https://youtu.be/47ogxvtK560

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back