Clueless on a Roosamaster injector pump. Need some handh

Fargo

Hi All.
Wife passed away and I parked a Jacobsen HR15 with an 85hp perkins for 3 years. Tried to start and no fuel getting to injectors. Local Diesel mechanic helped me for a bit and suggested the fuel shutoff got stuck as I left it in the shutoff position. Took off injector cover and looked around and did no know what to do. Scared I might do stupid things. When I took off injector cover the gasket tore up. There are NO ID numbers left on the 50 year old pump which was rebuilt before I got it. I think I am experiencing cognitive decline as I get confused sometimes so here are my questions...

1 What do I do to troubleshoot and get fuel working to the injectors?
2 Where do I get the injector pump cover gasket? It is about 2.25 x 5

Many thanks team YT. Kind regards.

First of all, was the cover held on with three screws or two nuts?

When you mention a cover ''gasket'' that would seem to point to the I.P. being a CAV rather than a Stanadyne.

Stanadyne has three screws and uses a rubber seal, a sort of a flattened O-ring, CAV uses two nuts and a gasket.

Also, was there a extension coil spring hooked between the lever in the cover and the governor linkage? That would make it a CAV.

Thanks. I posted a pic of a pump that looks like mine in another post.

To answer your questions...

Two nuts and a gasket.

Yes, coil spring to governor

The pump in your link is definitely A ''CAV''.

They are in general, SIMILAR in construction to a Roosamaster/Standayne, but not 100% and are made by a different company with no parts interchange.

So you will need instructions/info for a ''CAV'' I.P..

I am much more familiar with the Standyne pumps than the CAV's, hopefully one of the I.P. GURUs on here will shop up soon and assist you!

Setting that long I'll bet the rotor plungers are stuck too, meaning pump needs completely torn down for cleaning to free up the stuck internal parts. I have a Case pump in for repair now apart for the same reason.

Rookie question... I cracked the return line to the filter and when I cranked motor it was pumping fuel through the pump into the return. Is this a good sign? Did not get anything to injector lines when I tried but did not crank for long. Thx

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back