Creeping Charlie

Russ from MN

We have Creeping Charlie (Ground Ivy) in our lawn and I have sprayed it with 2,4-D with no success, any ideas what to use? Weed-B-Gone MAX used to work but it doesn"t contain Triclopyr anymore, at least what we find. Thanks!

(quoted from post at 14:57:01 07/08/12) We have Creeping Charlie (Ground Ivy) in our lawn and I have sprayed it with 2,4-D with no success, any ideas what to use? Weed-B-Gone MAX used to work but it doesn"t contain Triclopyr anymore, at least what we find. Thanks!

Go to a chemical dealer like a COOP or Farm Service and get Millennium Ultra 2, you may have to spray twice for Charlie or violets, a couple of weeks apart to actively growing weeds (not drought stressed). If it aint grass its gonna be dead so don't hit wifeys flowers.

I use 20 Mule Team Borax laundry soap to kill creeping charlie. There are ratios online but I mix to about the max saturation point and spray it on. It doesn't seem to cause problems with the grass, is fairly cheap, and works well.

I was told appropriate amount of LIME will control Charlie...

May have to try to 20 Mule Team sometime..!

Ron..

Early spring and late fall is best for spraying it, I was told during the summer months the leaves have a waxy residue which makes it hard to spray and kill. I got it out of my yard using ortho weed b gone max.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back