Cub Cadet 7264 Compact very lazy hydrostatic

PretendFarmer

Good morning all,

I recently picked up a 2004 Cub Cadet 7264 compact tractor. It has a bucket loader on the front and a backhoe on the back. Its in good shape, runs good and the hydraulics for the implements work fine.
The only issue is the hydrostatic is very lazy. Most of the pedal doesnt do much. When I depress it all the way forward the tractor moves but its slow. It will not back up a hill either. When it does move, the hydrostatic is quite noisy. I've driven many hydrostatic tractors and this is not normal. It seems like the hydrostatic drive is staving for fluid.
The hydraulic fluid was recently changed out and new filters are on it. Short of the pump being worn out, it has occured to me that these could be the wrong filters, too restrictive. I also wonder if the wrong fluid is in here, if that could cause this. Any opinion on that is appreciated.
mvphoto41015.jpg

Not that anyone responds to this but....

I did get it figured out. It did have the wrong fluid in it. And the pedal needed adjustment. I also purged the air out of the system. All is well now.

I did not even know this forum existed until someone just mentioned it on Tractor Tales. In the future just be advised the other forums are a lot more active. This one seems kind of dead.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back