D2 Caterpillar pony motor fuel lines

D2 1947

New User
Hi I am new to this forum. I am having problems with my pony motor fuel lines leaking from the heal tank and tee fuel shut off. Would like to replace lines ,or repair them ,can not find right ends ,any help would be appreciated. Will try to load pictures :( . Thanks D2 1947[/img:3a451d1a24]
[img:3a451d1a24]https://forums.yesterdaystractors.com/photos/mvphoto112451.jpg

mvphoto112452.jpg

mvphoto112453.jpg

mvphoto112454.jpg

mvphoto112455.jpg

You could join the Antique Caterpillar Machinery Owners Club and ask over there. That group specializes in old Cat equipment. I am going to paste a link to their website for you. It does cost to join there but it may be your best source.

https://www.acmoc.org/

You could always ask your local Cat dealer, if you haven't. They might surprise you (or the price may if they do have the parts).

Ahh with the picture that does make the answer different...the
caterpillar dealer might have it but Ive seen those somewhere
else. talk to your propane delivery or plumbing man at the
coop. Ive seen those in the drawer. No idea what they are for
but the gas guy uses them and whenever I was looking for a
terragator fitting to get by that drawer was one to stay out of.
Heck he probably has copper line to go with to build it for you

You do not have to pay to join the ACMOC
club to participate in the forum, you do
have to register. It may pay to join
because they have an increasing number of
manuals available to members only.

That fuel lines setup was good but the
filter bowl is nla. The tank and carb are
1/8 npt. I am going to barb fittings,
inline filters, and rubber fuel lines.

If the tapered part is the leak try polishing it with some fine emory cloth or a chrome type polish then try it . Those old no expense spared models of Cat were elaborate built and uusually lasted well with little fooling around. Al;so look at the piece it goes into is the taper nice and clean well fitting or is it the side that is causing the leak. If so try again to polish that damaged side out with a stick or some other method that fits the taper.

I spent about a month trying to find the same lines last winter without any luck, I'd recommend carefully polishing and cleaning the lines to reuse them. mine were completely blocked and the nuts stripped off but after working on it awhile I got them cleared and just use a visegrip to tighten them.

On our D-4 and 6 We just shut the gas off when we got the big engine started and let the engines run out of fuel no leaks and no flooding from the float bouncing when not running while being tilted in all sorts of angles during use.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back