Dealership Decal

I am a big fan of dealership decals, so I had a local sign shop recreate a dealer decal for my new to me "400". I used the tractors build card, old newspaper advertising and family knowledge
to come up with the decals info. This tractor was shipped to an implement dealer 9 miles east of my Grandfather's farm. Bought in 1956 by a farmer who worked with it 35 miles south of
the dealership until his passing. Tractor was sold by the estate at auction 6 years ago where it was bought by a gentleman who farmed with it 15 miles north of where it first went. I
bought it from the 2nd owner this winter and brought it to northern Illinois 30 miles south of Racine where its life began. Bringing it home, with a slight detour to visit some of my family in
Highland, IL I was able to trailer it past the building that used to be the dealership once was, it's now a nail salon. For this 400 not to be a family tractor, I am fortunate to know it's history
and it's so close to my family roots.. I feel some connection.
cvphoto19523.jpg

cvphoto19524.jpg

cvphoto19525.jpg

cvphoto19526.jpg

cvphoto19527.jpg

Yes as Loren mentioned I did too, fun to find this great story of this tractor. Thanks again.

Looking at the signs on the building......they sold my favorite brands......J.I.Case tractors and Willys Jeeps !!

Nice job!
Beautiful tractor too!.

I vaguely remember that dealer, and also dealt a lot with 4 5 6 Co.
In highland, back in the day.

I'm 20 miles south of Highland.
Tom

Thank you Tom.. My family farmed in Troy/St. Jacob and was a Case farm. Most of parts service and equipment was from Jos. Pohl & Sons in Marine. This 400 was down in Okawville.
The photo on the trailer in the rain was taken on March 30th in Aviston at Casey's on the way up to my cousins farm in Highland for a visit. The headed home to Northern IL. Tractor was bought in Highland, farmed in Nashville ,IL sold at auction in Okawville now I have it. I remember 4-5-6 IH that was their phone number..456. Be well..

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back