Deere 2010 - Broke rear support for front axle.

Guys, I've got a Deere 2010 wide front and today things really came undone.

I broke the rear support (key 18 on diagram).

https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/82370/referrer/navigation/pgId/268323

Upon further examination, the part has obviously been brazed together before. Possibley several times. Hopefully I did not do any major front end damage when things cam apart. Everything looks ok so far, but a couple of questions.

1. Was breakage of this part a common issue?

2. Biggest question is the parts diagram shows there is a bushing (key 17) for both the front and rear support.

I did not see any bushings when I took everythig apart. Can someone confirm these bushings actually fit inside the front and rear support and then the axel pivot slips inside the bushing?

Also, could these bushings have worn out and disappeared over time? I did not see them inside the front support nor did I find one on the ground that could have come out when the rear support came undone.

3. Last question: Who is likely to have these parts in MN or western Wisconsin? Or other good mail order sources where I could get it fast.

Really need this tracor fixed. It's food plot season, I'm running behind due to weather, and I gotta get planted.

Many thanks guys, all help appreciated.

Grouse

Try Dave Cook there in Washington state.
He's mostly two cylinder but there's a
good chance he can help.

I looked at the pic (with bushings and
there are several without). Just for
grins look at the axle for the bushings.
That's where they were in the two
cylinders.

Worthington Ag Parts (Worthington, MN, Evansville WI, and other locations) is one that might have salvage or aftermarket.

I expect most anyone can get it to you quickly if they have it and you want to pay overnight, second day delivery or such.

I don't remember the number. Just Google
Dave Cook tractor parts. If you get Green
Magazine he advertised there.

Thanks for the replies, guys. I've got Worthington and another salvage yard in Indiana walking out to see if they have good salvage parts on the lot. Hopefully, this yields a good part because the new ones I can find are $250+

Anyone have any comments on the question of a bushing in my original post? Dang bushing only comes from Deere and it's $50 of course, even though it's not painted green. Question is do I need it for this repair?

Grouse

Not local to you but you can check with Scott at Maine tractor Crossing. He shows as having 2 rear pivots #T13405 in his 2010 salvaged stock, less than half the aftermarket prices. He can tell you if those have a bushing.

My JD2010 had both of those bushings, or I should say it came with both of them from the factory!

When I bought it, the front bushing was less than half a circle at the top where the bottom had all been worn away. The rear bushing was almost still one piece, but very thin on the top.

I replaced them both and it improved the steering tremendously.

After talking to some guys at salvage yards, it looks like this part was VERY breakage prone. There was high demand for used parts so most salvage tractors have been stripped of this part and the ones that are left show signs of cracking.

Worthington pointed out that the fact that there is an aftermarket part available says it all. There must have been high demand for this part going WAY back for somebody to bother making a repo part.

I hate to say it, but I'm going to have to look at this as a situation where buying the new part is the only sensible solution.

The dang tractor is sitting on the edge of a muddy field that fortunately is drying out the last few days, but a fast fix is going to really help me take advantage of the dryer weather.

I've also ordered the bushing from Green Parts Store, which had the best price. Hopefully everything gets here by Friday, I'd really like to get back up and running.

Now I'm just praying everything goes back together!

Many thanks guys.

Grouse

(quoted from post at 09:18:50 06/04/19) My JD2010 had both of those bushings, or I should say it came with both of them from the factory!

When I bought it, the front bushing was less than half a circle at the top where the bottom had all been worn away. The rear bushing was almost still one piece, but very thin on the top.

I replaced them both and it improved the steering tremendously.

Thanks for confirming that! Just saw your post.

I've ordered a new bushing for the new rear support. I'll inspect the front when I get it apart and see if I can find one or both bushings and reuse the best one on the front until I can get another replacement.

Many thanks.

Grouse

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back