Diesel fuel question

chas036

I have a JD 720 diesel and I was wondering if I can use my furnace oil in the engine without causing any major problems. My furnace oil is a 50 50 blend of of #2 fuel oil and kerosene?

You will get slightly less power than from straight diesel but it won't hurt anything. That's what it ran for must of its life. If it is ULSD I would add an ounce to a gal. of two stroke oil.

With all the people who think ULSD fuel doesn't have adequate lubrication. Kerosene has no additives like diesel fuel does, including lubricant additives, it's clean and dry. For diesel engines, there are also way better winter/gelling additives than using Kerosene and they are a lot cheaper too.

I've heard people condemn ULSD and say it doesn't have enough lube and use whatever snake oil of their choice for additive, some of those same people will run Kerosene too. lol. Anyway, go ahead and run it, people have been doing it for practically ever but running kerosene at any percent is starving your fuel system of needed additives.

Are you asking if your furnace fuel is a 50/50 #1/#2 mix? Or are you saying that's what it is?

What you use for either tractor or furnace fuel depends a lot on where you're at and what time of the year it is. The advice for someone in southern Ohio isn't going to be the same as for someone in northern Saskatchewan.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back