Hey folks, I carried this old disk home the other day and am curious as to what it is (photo borrowed from the net):

mvphoto50939.jpg

I know without a doubt that its a John Deere, but there's no number plate on it, and I'd like to find an original book for it. Google has been no help whatsoever. Looks like the 3 point mast is quick-detachable, and the bearings are the old white-iron type. Scrapers are gone off the back gangs, too. Its a 6 foot if that makes a difference. It doesn't look like a KBL, as they don't have adjustable gangs and mine does. Seems like I've seen similar ones used behind 520/530 JD's in old ads but can't find anything now. Any help would be appreciated!

Mac

I'll try to get a better picture of the hitch tonight. The one above I robbed off the 'net as it was dark and I couldn't get down to where mine was setting. KBY sure looks like the right one though, because a KBL doesn't have sprung gangs like mine, and mine doesn't have the adjusting wheel like a KBL does. Whatever it is, it seems to be a good disk; it cuts good and doesn't ridge.

Mac

That's pretty slick. Mine has the old screw down at the bottom, and it's frozen solid. I wish I could find one of those levers in a junk-yard or somewhere and I'd retro-fit it to mine. Thanks for those photos, they really helped. I'm certainly satisfied that my disk is a KBY now, and have ordered a NOS manual from Evil-Bay for it. Thanks again,

Mac

Definitely a KBY! I have it's twin sister here! It came, brand new, with a 520! I also have the 825 roll over double 16" plows that came new with the same tractor!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back