Distributor wisconsin 4 cylinder

henhawk

I have a 610 Bobcat with the 4 cylinder Wisconsin engine with a electronic distributor and an electric fuel pump. I have got the #1 cylinder at tdc and installed the distributor with a little advance. Firing order is 1-3-4-2. Their is spark at all four plugs and using starting fluid. So far I can not get any cylinder to fire at all. No backfires or sluggish rotation/ Any suggestions as what may be problem. Weak coil? weak sparkplugs. Installed new wires. New Battery. The fuel pump has to be turned on to get the starter to spin.

Sounds like you have all of the ingredients to make it fire, but I"d recheck timing. Was there any major disassembly involved- overhaul, etc.?

When you put #1 at TDC, was it on compression stroke?

Check it again, turn it through until you feel pressure at the plug hole.

I am with Steve you can have # 1 up and it still not be right. Number one has to be up on compression stroke. As he says hold you thumb on the hole and once you feel pressure then bring it to top and set you pointer to the # 1 wire then.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back