Dodge diesel followup

Richard G.

A friend recommended a local diesel mechanic about 7 miles from here.
He works on their diesel farm stuff all the time.
I called him and he came by and put his scanner on my truck and tried bleeding the injectors.
As many of you said, injection pump was bad.
He ordered one and said he could come back and put it on in about 10 days.
Truck has been down about 5 weeks now and I have done fine without it.
$1750 parts and labor.
Gonna do it in my shop.
I can push it in my shop with the loader bucket pushing the pintle hitch like I did today.
After pricing used trucks, I am very happy.
Turn out this guy is related to our oldest son's wife.
I guess that makes me a member of the Happy Camper Club.
Richard in NW SC
PS: I cleaned out the Model T truck in case I need to go somewhere if Miss V is using her Jeep.

These old trucks do a lot of work cheap . My two ton gets 2.5 mpg on 4$ gas and my one does more work at 13 mpg and 3.00$ diesel .
cvphoto94807.jpg

cvphoto94808.jpg

cvphoto94809.jpg

I use em pretty hard out of 6 trucks so far Ive only replaced two injection pumps ever . A fuel pressure gauge even under the hood isnt to bad of an idea so you can keep track of your fuel pressure low fuel pressure kills these vp 44 pumps

Pretty sure you will be glad you get it fixed. I replaced the injection pump in my 1992 many years ago. It is waiting for a pinion seal now.

Richard,
Sometimes it's not what you know, but it's who you know that counts.

I've been a landlord over 50 years and have rented to a professional concrete finisher and a young kid, 30s, which went to Lincoln Tech. A good diesel mechanic. If you were closer I would recommend him.

The older I get the more I have to rely on others to do things my body won't let me do without complaining all night.

I'm old school. I try to repair this instead of buying new.

I can easily afford a new truck. Until I can buy a classic 8 ft low rider truck I'm going to keep what I had. When the wheels fall off, I'll buy new ones. If I need a new motor I know a couple good mechanics. I also have a good transmission guy.
So once again it's who you know that counts, especially when we get older.

George, I have said for years hat who you know is as important as what you know.
I feel very fortunate that my friend told me about this fellow.
Richard

A majority of vp44 pump failures are because the electric fuel pump suppling it failed
Even with a bad electric pump the vp44 will continue to pump fuel but will eat itself up in the process
Adding a fuel pressure gauge will notify one of a electric fuel pump failure before any damage accures to the vp44 injection pump

(quoted from post at 16:35:17 07/17/21)
(quoted from post at 08:58:46 07/17/21) Jim, A friend has a 92 dually diesel Dodge and just turned down a $10,000 offer on it.

Look what this one is going for, 18k and still time left.

1992 Dodge

Final price on this nearly 30 year old one ton Dodge is $44,400 CA

I wonder if the buyer will not pay up???

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back