Does the M have enough power.

I have an M for sale and a prospective customer was wanting to know if this tractor had enough power to run a 7 foot haybine. Does anyone have an answer because I don't know.

If the M is in good shape I see no reason that it would't. We pulled a 7 foot mower with a crusher behind it with no problems and we made hay on some hilly ground. The only thing that would be nice is if it had live pto.

Plenty of power for lighter hay with a 9 foot cut machine. The biggest disadvantage is no live or independent PTO. Also, the hydraulics could be potentially lacking with the newer mower-conditioners that do not rely on a single 3 X 8 cylinder.

i ran a 1207 jd with an h it turned it ok only problem was the pencil size lift cylinder on the cutter required more pressure than the h had to lift it properly,what i was cutting was medium thickness waist high sudan-sorghum,i used the same cutter with a larger tractor to cut some other crops the h would have struggled with

(quoted from post at 16:58:57 04/30/13) I have an M for sale and a prospective customer was wanting to know if this tractor had enough power to run a 7 foot haybine. Does anyone have an answer because I don't know.

I pull a 7 foot haybine, in radiator tall , thick timothy with my M. Not a problem.

I ran a 9 foot haybine behind an M. No problems as long as it is running right. The only problem was using a 2"dia. cylinder. Put a 3" on it and it lifted with no problem.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back