Don't like long goodbyes

rrlund

Not going to make a big deal out of it, but I just don't think I'll be here much anymore if at all. I just registered on New ag talk. I know some of you here go there too, so I'll see you there. I registered there as Sidneyfarmer.

They still use the same threaded display that Classic used here, so I know it can be done. I can't take stumbling around in the dark on here. Click on a post to read it, go back and there's some old post from 2018 or something at the top, new posts a few hours old are already on page 2, I can't tell which posts I'e read because they don't change color......... I'm done. I can't take the chaos.

I'll still be checking in on the Oliver forum here where there's less traffic, but otherwise, unless I get real bored, I'm out. I'm sure I'll run in to some of you at shows. If you see me, say Hi.

Hope you change your mind and come back later and give it a try your input has helped me a few times. I guess working in a factory for 34 years got me used to changes and to just go with the flow. Did you go to preferences under your profile and check or uncheck the boxes to your liking?
😢

Not going to make a big deal out of it, but I just don't think I'll be here much anymore if at all. I just registered on New ag talk. I know some of you here go there too, so I'll see you there. I registered there as Sidneyfarmer.

They still use the same threaded display that Classic used here, so I know it can be done. I can't take stumbling around in the dark on here. Click on a post to read it, go back and there's some old post from 2018 or something at the top, new posts a few hours old are already on page 2, I can't tell which posts I'e read because they don't change color......... I'm done. I can't take the chaos.

I'll still be checking in on the Oliver forum here where there's less traffic, but otherwise, unless I get real bored, I'm out. I'm sure I'll run in to some of you at shows. If you see me, say Hi.
Ag Talk is just like what we had here. I've been over there for several years. They'll definitely find me wasting more of my time there now instead of here. The less travelled forums here might see me, but T talk and Tales----pretty sure I'm out.

I sort of agree with you. I like the new look and reply function, but i'm not loving how many old posts are being drug up. I also dont love how fast new posts get burred.
Over all i like it just those features bother me.
Nate

This change comes at a bad time for me, also, as I'm having to spend so much time on health changes/issues. Plus, there are and will be times when I cannot sit for more than a couple minutes at a time. Kinda makes it impossible for me to check posts or post daily pics/puzzles. BUT....I'm trying!

Randy, you and I are the same age, similar careers, similar comfort with what we are used to. I have noticed some of the same things you and others have mentioned. Hopefully, they will be addressed soon. Anyway, I have enjoyed your inputs here. Don't be a stranger. Bill

Ditto! Not being able to tell which posts I've read and all the jumping around is a game changer for me. The only advantage I see is; it might help with some of the sniping. I need a photographic memory to see my previous replies and get answers to questions in said replies. I will miss being able to correlate the members here to the members map, but maybe onefarmer will go to ag talk.

Sorry to see you go. Always enjoyed your posts. This will take some time , don't give up too soon.

I need a photographic memory to see my previous replies and get answers to questions in said replies.
If you are willing to look there is a way.....
Depending on what device your using to be here.....
There is a "Find threads" link which goes to where you will find a link to all the threads you started, all that you ever posted in, etc.
Screenshot_2023-12-31-11-36-06.png

Don't blame you at all, I'm heading the same direction. Same old related posts over and over from the same people.

It is unfortunate that this is so difficult for some members. I honestly doubt ag talk will have the old classic display for too long. It's software that doesn't work well in an ever changing security type environment. It's not like it's a choice, like using an old tractor is. How important is the security of your information? Poor security or sorftare that isn't supported by updates leave your and their information severely exposed. I wish the members luck that decide this change is just too difficult. It does make me wonder though, do they give up that easily on other aspects of their lives when a difficult situation arises? 🤔

As far as seeing what threads you've posted on-a mini picture of your avatar will be in the lower corner of the main avatar on each thread you've posted on.

I've been in agtalk cafe for years and never saw much similarity to the classic forum here. I always found classic harder to navigate. Hard to tell the most recent replies or who I was replying to. Ag talk so simple, the threads or comments I hadn't read were blue. Or I could do a search for "your active threads" if I wanted to see new comments on a topic I'd been in. This new forum is easier than classic for me. I think some of you must have had different settings or using a different web browser than me.

I've been in agtalk cafe for years and never saw much similarity to the classic forum here. I always found classic harder to navigate. Hard to tell the most recent replies or who I was replying to. Ag talk so simple, the threads or comments I hadn't read were blue. Or I could do a search for "your active threads" if I wanted to see new comments on a topic I'd been in. This new forum is easier than classic for me. I think some of you must have had different settings or using a different web browser than me.
There are viewing options on Ag Talk. It appears to me if you choose threaded, it is exactly like classic used to be here.

I am older and have been here longer. I took a few minutes to look around the site. I just click on "find threads", and then on the button for "threads that I have posted to". Falling-off-a-log-easy.

Ditto! Not being able to tell which posts I've read and all the jumping around is a game changer for me. The only advantage I see is; it might help with some of the sniping. I need a photographic memory to see my previous replies and get answers to questions in said replies. I will miss being able to correlate the members here to the members map, but maybe onefarmer will go to ag talk.
Hey, Blackhole, I had the same problem, and have had it for a long time. Having to go over to Modern and finding a post by me, and then finding all posts by me........ Now, all you have to do is go up to your handle in the upper right tool bar, click it and go to "your Content". It will list everything you've interacted on, in chronological order. Steve

Hate to see you go. As for myself, I consider this to be an excuse to exercise my brain and try to keep it functioning in good order. I have been on here twice since the change, yesterday and today, and I am finding it easier and easier to navigate. After all, the classic view and the regular forum were new to us at one time, too.....

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back