eBay buying advise

Jiles

Just found a tractor part on eBay. Seller had 100% feedback rating and when I did as I always do, I looked through his past pages and found MANY Negative and Neutral ratings.
Why does eBay give sellers a clean FB ever so often?

I always look at the number of items they have sold. If the number of items sold is 20,000 and up I figure that they are bound to make a few mistakes. Then I check to see how they handled any complaints.

I too believe it is based on 12 months the negative from 10 years ago does not count. See how many items he sold and what his bad ones was, like sold 10,000 items and got 5 bad ones. I do believe they have cleaned it up some AND IF YOU CONTACT THEM THEY WILL MAKE THE SELLER CORRECT AN ISSUE.

So much for feedbacks. I won't leave one So
if later I have a problem, I go to fill out
feedback and then eBay steps in and wants
me to contact seller. EBay sets a time
limit for seller to fix issues. Fill out
feedback and you are screwed.

(quoted from post at 21:10:23 12/14/15) So much for feedbacks. I won't leave one So
if later I have a problem, I go to fill out
feedback and then eBay steps in and wants
me to contact seller. EBay sets a time
limit for seller to fix issues. Fill out
feedback and you are screwed.

I respectably disagree. After I receive item and check it out, I know what feedback to leave.
However, I don't leave FB until seller does. Sellers have no reason to leave anything but positive after they get paid, but I guess some buyers would report untrue problems concerning item. That's why I don't sell.
In my opinion, if it wasn't for FB, you would be just as safe buying off CL.

The feedback rating is calculated using all of your transactions going back to day one.

I have over 10,000 ebay transactions. I dont normally leave feedback..... unless there is a problem... If I do leave bad feedback, the person would do the same to me. SO.... I have mostly bought or purchased.. I have left bad feedback for....

Failure to ship..One lady actually died.. on a tractor part.. Found out several months later Guess I felt bad about the neg feedback I left her. At least she did not leave any feedback on me.

Extremely slow shipper... 4 weeks or longer is too long. Guy tells me after 6 weeks he was on vacation. I needed the part for a breakdown.

Item is NOT as described... Ie items were gutted or modified, or missing internal parts. A ham radio was gutted and obviously not as described. I took pictures and submitted to ebay and got a full refund.

Item is shipped NOT working although is was represented as used but functional. Ebay gladly refunded my money and in some cases told me to keep the defective parts?? ( threw them in the garbage can)

On selling... Where I take pictures of actual part and describe it...

Buyer dinged me because a used gas tank had scratches and small dents... (clearly shown in on of the six pictures of the part of a rare sixty year old honda benly motorcycle gas tank and described in the description of the item. I had bought it off ebay for a restoration and later found a better tank. ) I offered a refund but he kept it and dinged me anyway??

So yes,, anyone whos done lots of transactions will have a few dings against them, if for no other reason than if I give them a bad feedback, they turned around and gave me a bad one. But 6 negatives out of 10,000 transactions should tell you the story.

As I said, I dont leave feedback unless they have cheated, lied, of gave extremely poor service like a 6 week ship time. I refuse to let these guys get away, even if it cost me a bad review back.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back