EGT monitoring

David G

I rigged up a little arduino project for EGT.

It has 4 channels and will talk can bus to the computer on my MH44 EFI.

I plan to put the carburetor back on and get baseline numbers.
a223731.jpg

I will use it for tuning.

I want to see the differences in EGT between the cylinders, then vary the injection timing and compare.

I started in the rich of peak crowd and then defected to the lean of peak crowd after I had learned more and had gained some wrench time as well.

David,
I put an EGT on the muffler of my Jubilee. I found the temp will vary with RPMs, load and the fuel to air ratio. I adjusted my carb for peak in second gear, 1800 RPMS while mowing with a 72 inch woods finish mower.

Then in the winter, engine wanted more fuel so I had to crank main jet out.

I would think for best results you may need to come up with a constant load over different RPM ranges.

Not sure how many fuel injectors use EGT alone. Good luck, Post back with findings. geo

My wife worked for Air Force in NM, I got to do a lot of mountain flying when we lived there, have not flown since we left 21 years ago. It takes a pilot to talk about leaning after peak EGT.

I plan to put it on constant load with dyno and vary the injector timing and see what it does. I would anticipate that the two inner cylinders will run rich and outer lean. I want to bolt the old carburetor back on and see how that compares. I really have no clue on what the temperature variance will look like.

I'm guessing yall were in the Albuquerque area. I've been into Roswell and Santa Fe numerous time but not over to ABQ. I haven't been in a recip in well over 10 years. Around '01 I traded EGT for ITT.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back