Engine I.D.

I have a MF40 w/ AD3.152 3cyl. diesel. The stamped serial #'s do not have any letters preceding the #'s. The manual calls for CD,CE,CJ,CM, orCN. None of these appear on my engine. This is a problem because I need engine parts! I know what engine family it is but the species is not obvious. Any help or knowledge would be appreciated. Thank you.

ad3.152 engines all had same sleeves gaskets earlier models had five ring pistons
Later were four your mf 40 had 45 degree valves in head but guides are the same

ad3.152 engines all had same sleeves gaskets earlier models had five ring pistons
Later were four your mf 40 had 45 degree valves in head but guides are the same
Thank you for your input but that doesn't address the lack of preceding letters in my stamped serial #. You failed to mention that the pistons, fuel injector and various other parts are not the same on all AD3.152 engines. My concern is pistons, which are a bit different in each species of AD3.152. The sleeves are not the same on all models of AD3.152. Some use a lower o-ring seal, some don't. Some have a toroidal cavity on top of the piston, some have a different shape or are flat. Different rings and so on. I need to know WHY the preceding letters in my serial number are missing and I'm at a total loss to find a clue to this.

Attachments

• ser.#.JPG
    ser.#.JPG
    157.4 KB · Views: 6
Well I have overhauled a thousand or more of those engines order a kit and put it in
Mf 40 had 45 degree valves guides are
All the same gaskets very but kit contains all of them pistons will be four ring or five ring sleeves are all the same from late 60 to 80 a sleeve from a kit for your tractor will fit in mf 240 same o same o

So these are kits from bareco
You would have the lip type rear seal bowl type pistons

Attachments

• A2BDF4D9-06A7-4BC0-9878-55FFC7D5943B.png
    A2BDF4D9-06A7-4BC0-9878-55FFC7D5943B.png
    986.1 KB · Views: 8

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back