Engine identity 1800c

oakdaleotter

New User
Thinking my motor is newer than the tractor. Appreciate some info. Before I order an overhaul kit.
Tractor
1800c
38-2204
144344-844

Engine
166425A

I take it is diesel? Is it indirect injection? 1800's were indirect. Without looking numbers sound like a C series 1800 to me.

Went out and checked 1800 C block I have on the stand at the moment. same numbers. Assume you know about the updates you should do to this engine if you are doing a complete overhaul?

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_8516 1800 C block casting numbers.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_8516 1800 C block casting numbers.jpg
    437.2 KB · Views: 8
Thanks for the picture. Updates of One piece wristband bushing and rod bolts. Anything else. Can you interpret the casting date of my
IMG_20240424_121911660.jpg
block. That is really what's throwing me off. Tractor is built 1964

Not sure on the casting date, but the numbers on that block aint gonna matter! I take it you have another block to replace it? Yes one piece wrist pin bushings and the better rod bolts. Also others may not agree for a stock engine, but I believe balancing the rotating assembly is key to a smooth running 310. The Balancing fellow could not believe how far out the last one I had taken in to him was. I cant remember how many grams or anything but do remember him saying he took a lot of material off of the crank, and rods. Other than that the normal rod reconditioning, sizing, liner protrusion all that stuff that has been discussed a few times on this site.
Just a suggestion , and maybe you are too far into it allready, but I put a 283 direct c/w hydraul shift 3 speed in a 1800 and had the pump shop turn up the pump a bit when they rebuilt it. Has lots of power and one of my main field tractors. I would be out cultivating with it right now if it was dry enough.

Attachments

• IMG_5037.MOV
    3 MB
Thank you for the tip on balancing the crankshaft. I will ask my shop not sure they do that. Yes the picture of the windowed block is the donor that I took my head from. Just baffled about the date stamp it almost appears it is 1974. But thinking that can't be right just don't understand the four numbers and how they come out to a date that should be sometime in the mid 60s. I have a 283 and a 1650 that I really like that one is getting overhauled next. I am continue to learn what the possibilities are. How much did they turn up the pump on your 283. I'm sending my pump off soon.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back