Farmall 140 Smoke coming from engine oil dip stick...

philsfarm

New User
I've started to see white smoke coming from the dipstick to the engine oil on my farmall 140. Was running it for a while today and then it got too smokey so I stopped the tractor.

Anyone know how to resolve this?

White smoke in either the breather, or dipstick could be normal if the tractor had water in the oil from rain or condensation. It is not normal in the exhaust. So: after it sits over night, loosen the oil drain plug toll it almost drops out. Don't let it, but let it leak into a pan. If the stuff that comes out is clear water, (assuming you have antifreeze in it) then let that water leak out until oil starts appearing. If it is antifreeze, the issue gets more costly and complex. Antifreeze there, indicates an internal coolant leak. That tractor has wet sleeves. Meaning they are sealed at the top by the head gasket, and the bottom by a large Oring. The Orings can get stiff and leak coolant. A head gasket issue is a second possibility, a third is a cracked head. If you are a tool toting mechanically minded person, you can fix it yourself with a service manual (and tools). if not, having it fixed is the only option Jim

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back