Farmall 200 head gasket replacement- which side is up?

ginom

New User
Replacing head gasket on Farmall 200. Can you please tell me is the metal side of the gasket face up so it touches the cylinder head,
or does the metal side of the gasket face down so it touches the cylinder block? Thank you

what do you mean by metal side ? is one side copper one side steel? post a picture of that gasket.

The head is bolted to the block. The metal ring is placed facing up, so that the head can seal against the metal ring. Please wait for others too confirm.

(quoted from post at 11:06:53 11/06/20) Replacing head gasket on Farmall 200. Can you please tell me is the metal side of the gasket face up so it touches the cylinder head,
or does the metal side of the gasket face down so it touches the cylinder block? Thank you

The TRUTH is that if the gasket has not been marked (TOP) on one side by the manufacturer and is symmetrical (meaning that all bolt and coolant passage holes line up either way) it doesn't matter in the least which way you drop it on the block.

yes, what i was getting at, years ago there was one side that was copper and other side metal. the copper went up pretty sure. i dont know
what he means by "metal side" as can have metal on both sides,

yes, what i was getting at, years ago there was one side that was copper and other side metal. the copper went up pretty sure. i dont know
what he means by "metal side" as can have metal on both sides,

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back