Farmall F-12 Push Rod

wowsk

Hi everyone,
I am making more progress on the F-12. I took the valve cover off and noticed while cranking that the exhaust valve on 2 and 3 were stuck. Luckily the push rods weren't bent. It was a tight fit but I was able to get the push rods out. I worked the valves for an hour and got them freed up with a combination of penetrating oil and carb cleaner.
Now I went to put the push rods back in and I can't seem to get the push rods on the cam. They either go too far down or not far enough. Is there a trick to getting the push rods in or will I have to take the whole rocker arm assembly off to get the push rods in?

Thanks for any and all advice,
Noah

Take off the whole assembly. Not that hard, hopefully you
know clearance on all of the valves should be checked. Do
you have a manual? I have a link to a partial copy if you
are interested email me.

Thanks for the response, I wasn't sure if it was difficult to take the whole assembly off. Yes I am going to check the valve clearance after getting everything set. I am using the manual for our F-14 but having an F-12 manual (or partial manual) would be nice, especially if you already have it on the computer. I'll send an email.

Thanks,
Noah

When you pulled the pushrod up and out,dirt fell down in the lifter.Take the rods out and use a air pipe and blow the debris out of the
lifters.I have used a old pushrod and cut a grove in it like a drill bit and remove the dirt

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back