Farmall F-30 High Crop Value?

FarmallCT

Hi guys,

I recently found a Farmall F-30 high crop for sale about a hour and a half away from me that I am interested in, but I have no idea on what the value of one would be. This one does not run but the engine is free, tires look to all be shot. I don't have any other information than that and 1 good clear picture of it. The picture should be attached.

The owner is asking $5,000 for it. This seems to me like it is a bit high considering the condition. He also says he was told that there are only 25 known to exist in the USA, which I am pretty sure is incorrect. I also noticed that the front wheels/hubs do not appear to be the correct ones. I believe the correct front hubs are supposed to be solid? Does anyone have an idea of a reasonable price for a F-30 high crop in this condition and what they are worth restored?

I am hoping to go take a look at it when I am in the area next weekend.

Thanks for any and all advice,

~FarmallCT
a229073.jpg

I believe that is an f-30 cane tractor. That seems a little high considering the condition. I looked at one a few years ago that was nice for about that same money. I don't think it is quite that rare, since the one I looked at was in Iowa. When I bought one of my f-20s the engine was free but all of the valves were rusted stuck in the head. It had broken rocker arms from someone trying to pull start it.

its a 500.00 tractor. the wheels are cut off steel wheels. he definitly has an exta zero on his price.

There were 2 versions of the F30 cane tractors. The high clearance cane tractor had a front axle that the spindles could be bolted on in a low and high clearance position and the rear wheels were changed to match. Cane tractors are rare, is it worth $5000, can't tell from the pic. But it is worth a lot more than $500.

This is a high clearance Cane

27553705885_2f2c857ff9_z.jpg

Nothing alot of time and money can't fix! I would think $1500 is more of a starting price, to get a full set of round spoke wheels and tires about $2000 than engine and drive train could be another $1000 and $1000 for good paint job. So $5500 done!

That's pretty much what I was thinking. Maybe 1000.00 max since its not a common tractor but in this condition I'd say that's it. I'm not sure if the back wheels are cut off, as I have seen a few restored with those type of rear wheels, but the fronts definitely are.

There are actually 4 variations of the 30 cane.

Early versions had an axle where the spindles bolted on and could be ordered with axle extensions to make what is known as a 'high wheel' cane. they could be on steel or rubber

in early 38 they changed the front axles to a wider width but the spindles were now cast into the ends of the axle. these later versions were a standard cane or a high speed cane. The high speed canes had a factory OD box made into the clutch housing and the frame was about 8 inches longer to accommodate that feature.

It looks to me that the cane in question is a standard speed later version. It also looks like the front axle has either been widened or possibly repaired. The 44 inch rear tires are hard to find, but a few European mfg's still make them for sprayers. Thr front steel wheels on a 30 cane will have the W-30 hub in them so the part number will be easy to decipher.

Personally I think its about a 3500 dollar tractor given the market has dropped on these in the last 5 years or so

Do you know of any obvious way to tell the difference or is it just some minor details? I would imagine that $5000 would be more like if it was running and driving in
good condition or old restoration

I thought it seemed pretty high too, it seems like a nice running and driving one would go around that, and I know that there were many more than 25 made of the high crops/cane tractors. That is one thing I will have to look for if I get to go take a look at it, making sure nothing inside is broken.

I own 5 and all are in sad condition and believe that if it were free by the time you take it to a show you will have 10,000 more invested , your money give it to anyone you like but I would not give 5000 .

I have 8 F-30 high Crops that are rough.
Just sold one with junk rear wheels and had the spindles but no front hubs and the motor is total junk for $2600.00
It did have the high speed transmission.
tractor is worth way more than $500.00 or $1000.00.

There has been a couple that have sold about 1 year ago that have sold for around $4500.00 to $5000.00 in the same condition as the one you posted.

(quoted from post at 22:26:18 06/09/16) I have 8 F-30 high Crops that are rough.
Just sold one with junk rear wheels and had the spindles but no front hubs and the motor is total junk for $2600.00
It did have the high speed transmission.
tractor is worth way more than $500.00 or $1000.00.

There has been a couple that have sold about 1 year ago that have sold for around $4500.00 to $5000.00 in the same condition as the one you posted.

do you have any of the front extensions to make a high wheel cane for the early style axles?

If you were asking me, I am not selling any parts off the tractors I have.
We have one with the front axle extensions it is a Duckbill.
Should have said I am down to 7 since I sold one off.

(quoted from post at 10:46:25 06/11/16) If you were asking me, I am not selling any parts off the tractors I have.
We have one with the front axle extensions it is a Duckbill.
Should have said I am down to 7 since I sold one off.

would you sell them if I gave you my standard spindles to replace them and still have a complete tractor?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back