Farmall M Narrow Front End

Good afternoon, I tried posting this on the Repair and Restoration forum for this site and I don't think my questions were very clear. I have two pictures of my narrow front end farmall M. The spindles are shown and I need help identifying Part A and My question is does Part B remove from the spindle? Part A in my picture looks like a seal? I also have one side that is worn really badly while the other side looks okay and useable. I also have trouble looking parts up for this tractor. I have posted in the past and some of you have given me links to Case IH website or given me part numbers. Every time I look online at case IH for parts I can never find Farmall M's. This website for parts lists the Inner Wheel bearings only, no outer bearings or any seals at all. When I replace these Wheel bearings and races where can I find them? P.S. Are the Races pressed in the Hub Assemblies? Thanks in Advance
cvphoto78782.jpg

cvphoto78783.png

I will state that the spindle in the marked up image actually is so bad as to cause the whole casting to be scrap. There are so many of these around that replacing the complete lower bolster is your answer. The part is not financially reasonable to fix. Jim

Google up Messick's. Type in Farmall M. Is shown in additional models.

All those parts are replaceable. Dirt shield on axle. Seal is pressed (driven) on to axle, cup where seal rides in hub is driven in hub, races are driven into hub along with grease retainers behind each cup.

What number bearings, well, that depends. try to get numbers off old ones.

I was wondering about that myself. I guess I will have to hunt for a bone yard around me and see if I can get a lower Bolster pretty reasonably. Thanks again!

I will google it now and see what I can find. Mr. Nicholson appears to believe the whole lower bolster is junk from the damage. I am pretty sure he is right. I need to find a scrap yard near me and see what I can find. Thanks for the Help! I will check the website out.

The pieces that are replaceable (if you find the parts) are Ok, it is the gash in the spindle that makes me nervous. As damaged as it is new correct bearings might not seat correctly either. Jim

Here is the exploded diagram for Farmall AM front wheels. Everything should be the same as for Farmall M except part numbers starting AP, which are for Australian Part - usually just means Whitworth bolts instead of UNC or UNF.

843 437 R91 is the same as Farmall M part 6719DDX.

SadFarmall

mvphoto70401.jpg

mvphoto70402.jpg

mvphoto70403.jpg

Where are you located? I put a wide front end on my 41 M. I have a complete narrow front end with heavy hubs and new bearings and seals, I'm in Iowa and e-mail is open.

sorry it took me so long to get back to you but I wound up buying a new lower bolster early on Friday. I Live in Southern Illinois, I would have rather bought yours but am unsure how I would have gotten it in my possession. Thanks for the help and offer.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back