feature night

larry@stinescorner

rr lund suggests we make feature night letter night,,,starting with A tonight,and B tomorrow night,,,he says post any implement,tool, or just anything you think would interest T Talk,as long as it starts with the letter of the day?
4644.jpg
I Cant come up with much for A,,,But there is an Auger on the post hole digger that is attached to Rusty the tractor, at least it will give Rusty another chance to see SweetFeet,he kinda likes her,,,,,,,

Larry,

You are good for tomorrow as that looks like a IH B 275D or B250.

Vito

This is an asparagus special Allis CA. Placard said everything that was special to that application was painted silver. Saw it at the Albert City Iowa tractor show in 2010.

Auger for ear corn. I just might use it again for P since it's technically a power corn rake.
a149118.jpg

Here is a 1945 A John Deere I built in 09 with a lot of parts
from other years plus a 6 1/2 block and a 9 inch crank
a149125.jpg

One for the Alice guys...

An Allis Chalmers logo and the pull-type combine it came from (we saw it at auction last summer).

I like Rusty too... I like all rusty's for a matter of fact. :)

a149126.jpg" width="650"

a149127.jpg" width="650"

Here's mine.....A Ferguson type A.............Bet you are surprised at
that one Larry! LOL.............Sam
a149134.jpg

Pair-A-Dice,

What is the attachment?

Almost looks like something for tamping down the ground after planting - like I do with a hoe in the garden... but that can't be right, since it is not behind a planter.

My favorite Allis Chalmers pic...LOL Had a 4X6 one made and took it to the Allis dealer here. The guy with the crescent wrench, his dad worked there all his life and would rather work on a WD or WD 45 as eat.
mvphoto4648.jpg

Allis Chalmers pedal tractor, a thorn amongst the roses, lol
mvphoto4649.jpg

A first I thought it was a hiller. But it does appear to leave imprints in the dirt like it is packing or tamping the row. The bottoms are smooth too for packing, not hilling.

I am very interested to see if someone knows for sure what this is. These are the oddball attachments I like to see.

Rick

Brian, I don't know......The tractor was at an auction I attended last
weekend in England.........Sorry!......Sam

(quoted from post at 21:41:06 03/12/14) Pair-A-Dice,

What is the attachment?

Almost looks like something for tamping down the ground after planting - like I do with a hoe in the garden... but that can't be right, since it is not behind a planter.

They are what Grandad called automatic cotton choppers. They were made by a local machine shop. The planters back then basically sowed seed in a furrow and it had to be thinned when it came up. It had always been done with a gooseneck hoe and manual labor.

What a labor saver!

I like seeing equipment from other areas. Around here we have corn and beans... and oh yeah, more corn and beans.

That thing was giving me fits. I finally figured out the carburetor was loose. I tightened it up and it runs with the air cleaner on it now.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back