Finally fixed my Ford 2000 3 cyl. gas tractor

Tom in TN

I previously posted about my problem with my 1973 Ford 2000 3 cylinder gas tractor. The engine wouldn't run at high speed.

I'm embarrassed to admit what fixed the problem, but here goes. I had previously rebuilt my carburetor plus some other things. Engine wouldn't run
at high RPMs. I finally pulled the carburetor back off and split it. What? There's no venturi in here! I rummaged through my bucket of carburetor
cleaner and found the venturi in the bottom of the bucket below the lift out strainer that I had put the parts onto when I initially rebuilt the
carburetor.

Put the venturi in and put the carburetor back on the tractor. It runs very well now. I bush hogged a hillside today just to make sure.

So, thank you, guys for your suggestions and your patience with my mistake. I can say from experience that an engine won't run well without a
venturi in the carburetor, but I'm sure you all knew that.

Tom in TN

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back