Floor jack--Thats good, thats bad

SDE

I wanted one.
She bought one for me as a Christmas present.
Yesterday she saw this beat up floor jack and asked me if that was the jack she bought for me.
Of course I said yes.
Used and abused. Actually, it just hasn't ever been cleaned. And it has gotten in the way when I have been painting.
I don't know if she was proud because I use it, or disappointed because I haven't given it the care she thinks it should get.
It is heavy and clumsy to use, but it beats the bottle jacks by a mile.
SDE

sde,

I bought a 2 ton floor jack about a year ago to go with my one ton floor jack that I already had. It's very heavy and I don't have any paved surfaces anywhere on my farm. I usually throw down a piece of plywood under whatever I'm working on so I can roll the floor jack somewhat. It's a real chore though to drag the floor jack through the grass to get it to where I'm working. I'm way too old to start pouring concrete pads, so I guess I'll just have to tough it out as long as I can.

The floor jacks are much better than bottle jacks in most applications.

Tom in TN

If a floor jack can't roll freely on a hard floor it just isn't working properly! Or does what your lifting move towards
you? At least the one I have, it has wheels, when you jack up a vehicle the jack moves under.

I am looking at Harbor Freight Pittsburg series. They have a Clearance for <$100. My use is non-commercial, like once a month. Is there anything I should know?

Bill

(quoted from post at 07:09:33 09/22/20) I am looking at Harbor Freight Pittsburg series. They have a Clearance for &lt;$100. My use is non-commercial, like once a month. Is there anything I should know?

Bill

Uh Oh, now you started it !!

I'm staying out of this one.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back