Food grade anti-seize?

BarnyardEngineering

Just learned about food grade anti seize. Certified Labs Loc-Cease 20/20 or Loctite 1167237. Does anybody use it?

Big advantage I see is you don't go home looking like Tin Man from Wizard of Oz.

I’ve never used that but The jello plant had food grade grease that tasted worse than real grease. I think a lot of that stuff is made out of soybeans I suppose it depends on what you use it for. If it’s something that’s in the shed all the time it would probably be fine but might break down out in the elements. Why does the wheel loader need an auto luber and grandpa in the manure pile can get by with annual greasing the skidloader? More use around gravel dust but also who parks their wheel loader inside during the rain storm? Nobody. Always shedded means a lot

We started using it (various manufacturers) on water contact parts in hydro turbines (environmentally friendly you know) a few years before I retired. You are right it doesn't follow you around as much as the regular Anti seize products. How well it works during teardowns in the future, remains to be seen. It was working on things we had to take apart for maintenance after a few years. I found notes on old turbine drawings calling for using bacon fat as a lube/protectant on the hardware, and things often were able to be unthreaded.

Plants involved with making food grade products have used it for many years.

I got a bottle or two of the Loctite from a friend. I seems to work good in the short term, but when I put something together, I don't plan on taking it apart for a few years. It hasn't been long enough to know the long-term goodness of it. steve

Just learned about food grade anti seize. Certified Labs Loc-Cease 20/20 or Loctite 1167237. Does anybody use it?

Big advantage I see is you don't go home looking like Tin Man from Wizard of Oz.
We been using it for years in the boiler industry.

It is a ceramic base product and leaves mostly a powder behind.

The stuff we use is 2000° rated or better so it holds up well around the burners.

Some anti seize is only good for about 400°

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back