Ford 1500 throttle no detent

bc

Hello guys. One thing I've noticed on this 1500 is that the throttle is fairly stiff which I suppose they are supposed to be. But the book says there should be an idle detent which I can't find. I have to bump the lever a few times to get it to slow down but if I bump it too far then it shuts off. Can't seem to find that slow idle. This one has the foot throttle also.

So I need help in making the adjustment so the throttle is looser and stops at the detent. Another option I was thinking of would be to have a separate kill switch/cable or whatever so the hand throttle doesn't kill it when pushed all the way up but I don't see how that would work in viewing the linkage at the pump. Thanks.

I guess another question is if it is ok to have it running around 1500 to 2000 rpm anyway? Since it has been cold and I want it to warm up and keep the oil flowing, I haven't tried to run it at idle until after 15 or 20 minutes from startup.

It has idiot lights instead of gauges so I don't know what it is doing. I bot a set of gauges, mount, and just got a British G thread adapter for the water and am waiting on a metric 10mm tee adaptor for the oil coming by row boat from that place in the orient.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back