1944 2N throttle question

N2N

New User
Throttle control handle will not stay at one location on the quadrant on my 1944 2N. It will not stay in place unless I hold it there, even just idling, much less when I’m actually moving and using the tractor. Slips back toward the top (the idle end) of the quadrant. Also seems to have very little functionality at the idle end of the quadrant (does not seem to do anything until it is one-half to three-quarters down the quadrant toward the wide open (bottom) end. Once tractor is running and has warmed up just a little, I can actually push the throttle handle slightly past the bottom of the quadrant where it will lock in and stay there and then run wide open. What do I have going on here and what is the fix? Many thanks in advance for any helpful replies.

Just a first stab at a guess. Make sure the two connections to your governor are not reversed. The rod from your throttle control goes to the outside governor arm and the one to your carburetor goes to the arm on the governor closest to the engine block.

Upvote 0
If your throttle quadrant is worn like mine, I would say your tractor is working the way it should.
IMG_0900.JPG

Upvote 0
The PO had wound copper wire around the Quadrant on a 2n I once had. It didn't look all that great but it worked ok and it stayed that way for the 5 o6 yrs I had it.

Upvote 0

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back