Ford 1920 engine specs needed please.

Pirlbeck

We have a Ford 1920 in the shop that came in for clutch work (PTO would not dis-engage) and we ran into a somewhat serious problem. We pulled it in the wash bay and after giving it a good pressure washing from top to bottom it would not run right, it missed and it smoked way more then it did prior to the wash job.It also had a rattle or ticking noise in the engine it never had before. We looked at a bunch of different things and after we figured out what happens it all made sense.......the front (#1 port) intake gasket was sucked in and when we washed it water got down in #1 cylinder (the port is on top of the head, not the side) and it now has a bent rod. The noise cam from the bent rod contacting the block and the miss and smoke was from the lowered compression. I have located the parts and I think if I had some torque specs I would have what I need to get it together. I have an older I&T manual and it has spec for a 1910 and a 2110, but it does not look like they use the same model of engine, which according to Tractor Data is a Shibaura model N844 in this 1920

Would you have the following specs available?

Rod bolt torque

Head bolt torque

Rocker arm housing bolt torque

Valve lash specs?

Thanks!

The new holland LS 160 skid steer has an N844 and the LS170 has an N844T in them. The
T's were turbocharged. I have one of those disassembled in the shop now and I do have
the specs for them. You do know there are different thicknesses of head gaskets, don't
you? Piston protrusion must be checked and the head gasket replaced accordingly.Here
are the specs for the N 844T. Con Rod nuts-36-40 Ft. Lbs
Bearing holder bolts-Allen Head-18-22 ft.lbs
Hex head 36-40 ft. lbs.
Head Bolts 72-76 ft. Lbs
Rocker arm nuts 20-29 Ft lbs
Valve Lash .2MM - .008
Hope this helps.

Alternatively, the last 4 digits of the head gasket part number are on the gasket and very often visible after disassembly.

I agree, but if I were replacing a connecting rod or a piston, I would check protrusion on that one for sure. That's just me. I have found that Stuff happens that can bite you.

(quoted from post at 00:58:38 07/10/17) You do know there are different thicknesses of head gaskets, don't you? Piston protrusion must be checked and the head gasket replaced accordingly.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for the help!

Yes. I was aware of the different thickness of head gaskets available as I saw the different gaskets listed on the parts break down. I measured the old gasket and ordered based off of that. However, I was not real wild about doing it that way and if someone could give me the piston to deck specs I would check all of them to determine the correct gasket.

I am not able to make out any numbers on the old gasket.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back