Ford 2600 injector pop off pressure

octoberfarm

New User
Hi all,
Been a long time since my last posting here, but I'm back looking for a little help. I need the pop off pressure for the fuel injectors for my newly acquired
basket case Ford 2600. Any help is much appreciated.

I'm not sure if it changed from the 3 cylinder thousand series to the x600 series, but my I&TFO-31 manual for the 2000/3000/4000 series says it should be between 2720-2794 psi.

Thanks Sean. The 2 replies I got are pretty far apart.
They are currently popping at 2400 psi. Im thinking
that when they were new they would have been
popping at a higher pressure. Ill wait for more input
and decide.

You only received one reply for the 2600. My reply was given for the 2000, not the 2600. I prefaced it with the caveat "I'm not sure if it changed from the 3 cylinder thousand series to the x600 series". According to Shaun's factory manual, it apparently did change with the x600 series.

My chart says 3250. The interesting thing is that the 3600 and 4600 call for 2850. Not sure if that's a typo or not, but this chart is straight from Ford.
cvphoto159972.png

Thanks Bern, Im going with 3250. Its interesting that they were popping at 2400. I was thinking the spring would weaken over time and it would drop pressure.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back