Ford 2810 remote hydraulic plate

TracySixPack

New User
I need to remove my front loader and hydraulics to do engine repairs, and I'm wondering if there is a way to shut off the hydraulics on this remote plate. Or should I just find a way to plug it? I'll need to start up the tractor to back out of the loader. tkx

2810 Hydraulic Plate.JPG

You should loop the two ports together, not plug them. If you run the engine with them plugged you will dead head the pump and likely damage it.

Upvote 0
No, when the bucket is connected fluid flow through the valve and back through the aluminum plate. I have a removeable loader and I just loop the hose and connect them together, this way my 3 pt works as it should.

Upvote 0
The flow from the pump first goes out through the Power port of the adapter plate to the loader control valve. The loader control valve is open center, which means that when the valve spools for the loader control valve are centered the fluid flows back through the return port of the loader valve back to the adapter plate. The flow to that return port on the adapter plate continues on to power the 3 point lift.

Upvote 0
That all makes perfect sense. I'll research the loop line. The connections are different sizes. Would the pressure side be the smaller port? Just wondering. Or just different, because the flow is directional?

Upvote 0
I guess my point would be, are they interchangeable? With AC, the smaller hose is always the High Side. I guess the stamped P on the block tells the story. I'm considering adding quick connect couplings, for future use, plus the loop line for when bucket is removed. Thanks all.

2810 Hydraulic Plate 2.JPG

Upvote 0
Most people use a pair of quick couplers on each side of the loader valve just for ease of loader removal. Make the hoses long enough to separate the loader from the tractor. Shut the engine off, disconnect the hoses, couple them together. Start the engine and back away.

Upvote 0
That's how I have mine. 18" hoses permanently attached to the adapter plate, one with a male quick disconnect at the end and the other with a female that I connect to each other when the loader is disconnected from the tractor. Then a pair of 30" long hoses connected to the loader control valve, with the appropriate gendered quick disconnects on them so that you can never get it hooked up wrong.

Upvote 0
Great description and internet paste, but I still don't know what fittings I have.
If your talking about the fittings on the hoses I don’t know what they are either because you haven’t posted a photo of them
Are they the same size or is one bigger
The fittings at the aluminum plate are 3/8” NPT, the fittings at the valve are most likely 1/2” NPT or 3/8” NTP or a combination of both
NPT fittings and NPST couplings can be used together in most apps

Upvote 0
I broke down and drove one hour to town. 1/2" NPT. The guy said its OK to use thread tape on this as well. (1/2" NPT Female to 1/2" NPT Female union) is what I needed PIC's above

Upvote 0

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back