Ford 3000 NO SPARK with ignitor ignition

Rpatterson19

New User
I have a Ford 3000 that is getting the best of me, I am getting no spark out of the coil to dist cap and no spark to the plugs, here is what I have done, 8 months ago I installed a new Ignitor electronic ignition getting rid of the old points and condenser, after that it ran great with no issues, now I have no spark againnew coil (3.5ohm) new dist cap and rotor, new plug wires, new spark plugs, new battery, verified good battery voltage on coil + when key is on, tested the ignitor module in the distributor and it tests perfect according to the troubleshooting manualwhat am I missing??

After updated ignition was installed and the tractor was running it was put in a barn until now, and now i have no spark, tractor hasn t been used at all just sitting in the barn, nothing has changed since it ran last

We do not know what this means, as far as what , how, etc. " tested the ignitor module in the distributor and it tests perfect according to the troubleshooting manualwhat am I missing?? "

Is coil getting power ? I would test coil and connections on it. Test the wire from your ignition switch to coil make sure wire has not rubbed and is shorting out. Check switch connections maybe some corrosion or switch faulty. Does coil wire test good ? Is the rotor turning ? Did a mouse chew some wire ? Keep checking and hopefully you get more help from others.

(quoted from post at 10:50:58 09/02/22) Is coil getting power ? I would test coil and connections on it. Test the wire from your ignition switch to coil make sure wire has not rubbed and is shorting out. Check switch connections maybe some corrosion or switch faulty. Does coil wire test good ? Is the rotor turning ? Did a mouse chew some wire ? Keep checking and hopefully you get more help from others.
ep, can only guess, without information on which to make diagnosis. Not much info was provided.

(quoted from post at 06:46:55 09/01/22) We do not know what this means, as far as what , how, etc. " tested the ignitor module in the distributor and it tests perfect according to the troubleshooting manualwhat am I missing?? "

I talked to Pertronix on the phone and they sent me the manual for the electronic ignition system, I followed all of the troubleshooting in the manual and performed all tests, everything tested properly including the "bench test" of the ignitor module

(quoted from post at 10:46:19 09/26/22)
(quoted from post at 06:46:55 09/01/22) We do not know what this means, as far as what , how, etc. " tested the ignitor module in the distributor and it tests perfect according to the troubleshooting manualwhat am I missing?? "

I talked to Pertronix on the phone and they sent me the manual for the electronic ignition system, I followed all of the troubleshooting in the manual and performed all tests, everything tested properly including the "bench test" of the ignitor module
o, you performed this test with unit off the tractor & on the bench?
1Cf9Ayt.jpg

Yes that is correct and I did this while on the phone with Pertronix, problem seems to be with the coil but I ve tried 2 different new ones, even installed one that is 3.5 ohms per the specs in the ignitor manual

(quoted from post at 11:33:51 09/26/22) Yes that is correct and I did this while on the phone with Pertronix, problem seems to be with the coil but I ve tried 2 different new ones, even installed one that is 3.5 ohms per the specs in the ignitor manual
erify voltage to ignitor red wire. Also, attach a test lamp or voltmeter to black coil wire and see if it is switching on/off/on as engine rotates, 12v/ov/12v......

This post was edited by JMOR on 09/26/2022 at 09:19 am.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back