Ford 3600 Diesel fuel line from filter pack to injector pump is cracked.

Wayne Hubin

New User
Dealer says it is a dead part #.
Have tried numerous salvages yds as well as this site, Steiner, Yesterday Tractors, Broken Tractors, and All State Ag................nothing.
This is a plastic line with some very unique fittings.
Any suggestions?

Don’t you have to use different style fitting for the rubber seals
I have both styles, the older style uses a compression type ball furrow with a male nut the screws into the filter base
The rubber seal type has a fitting that screws into the filter base with a female nut that screws on over the other fitting, the line also has a small flare on the end to keep in from slipping out of the rubber seal easily

Don’t you have to use different style fitting for the rubber seals
I have both styles, the older style uses a compression type ball furrow with a male nut the screws into the filter base
The rubber seal type has a fitting that screws into the filter base with a female nut that screws on over the other fitting, the line also has a small flare on the end to keep in from slipping out of the rubber seal easily
The brake line nuts fit the pump inlet and filter ports, and when the nuts are tight against the sleeve the STRAIGHT end of line won't pull out of place, the line bubble is not needed. That's how all the lines are done on my MF Super 90 pulling tractor for several years now with no leaks or any line trouble. I keep several sizes of the line grommets on hand, 3/16, 1/4, 5/16, and 3/8 inch line sizes. Perkins/MF tractors went to theses sleeves years ago as the brass line Ferrels did not always seal well and would sometimes crack.

The brake line nuts fit the pump inlet and filter ports, and when the nuts are tight against the sleeve the STRAIGHT end of line won't pull out of place, the line bubble is not needed. That's how all the lines are done on my MF Super 90 pulling tractor for several years now with no leaks or any line trouble. I keep several sizes of the line grommets on hand, 3/16, 1/4, 5/16, and 3/8 inch line sizes. Perkins/MF tractors went to theses sleeves years ago as the brass line Ferrels did not always seal well and would sometimes crack.

Good to know, I’ve got one to restore that had a light fire but melted those fuel lines, I’ll give that a try
Thanks

Good to know, I’ve got one to restore that had a light fire but melted those fuel lines, I’ll give that a try
Thanks
The 5/16 inch steel brake line nuts will thread into the pump inlet and the filter ports too, and seal fine against the rubber line grommets/olives/line sleeves, they are called by several names anymore.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back