Ford 3600 Oil pressure sensor - How does it work and wir

Luke0927

Hello going through the 3600 installing new instrument clusters and cleaning up wiring. I believe this is the oil sensor, from previous cluster wiring to the oil sensor bulb I believe its my blue wire providing ground.

Am I missing how this would connect to the oil pressure sensor? Attached is what I though was the sensor.

Where does the wiring go back to if it does not connect directly to the sensor?

thank you

mvphoto96515.jpg

This post was edited by Luke0927 on 08/27/2022 at 06:36 am.

It is just a springloaded single pole switch, normally closed. One side of the switch is grounded through the housing to the engine block. The other side connects via the wire to one side of the bulb. The other side of the bulb is connected to power from the key switch.

When the key is in ON-position and engine off, the bulb glows. When the engine runs, the oil pressure acts on the switch, the switch opens (breaks the circuit) and the bulb goes out.

The end of the wire should have what looks like a female spade connector, which you would think would require a rectangular male spade connector on the sender to slid onto, but instead it slides onto that round button on the end of the sender, but it slides on from the side, not from the end.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back