ford 501 mower

If we are thinking of the same rod, I believe it adds more tension to the spring that holds the bar up.

The higher you raise the three point, the more tension is applied to the spring.

(quoted from post at 11:34:10 01/04/21) If we are thinking of the same rod, I believe it adds more tension to the spring that holds the bar up.

The higher you raise the three point, the more tension is applied to the spring.
Thats the right side.

Yup, it lifts the far end of the bar, the geometry of lifting the three point puts more pressure on the linkage and spring setup. Moving the spot it clamps a half inch one way or the other affects how high the bar lifts, a little goes a long way.

Those little stabilizer deals, my mowers never had those, always used the tractor stabilizers. It is really important the three point doesn’t move side to side.

Paul

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back