Ford 5600 Cross shaft seal

The shafts for the brakes and clutch are leaking pretty bad, need
to be replaced finally. The only parts I can find are these rubber
seals. I replaced the cross shaft seal on a 2110 once and there
was a bushing that had to be replaced as well but cant seem to
find any of these for a 5600? Any tips/tricks to replace these?
Thanks

Both sides are leaking pretty bad, you can see the fluid drip from these spots until it runs dry and there is a huge puddle under the tractor. Would be nice if it was just the rubber seals leaking but Im afraid theres some sort of bushing inside that well need to be pulled out and replaced.

When ever I replace the seal I also replace the felt washer that keeps dirt and mud out of the seal, there is a bushing but like Bern I've never seen one worn enough to need replacing.

Per 5600 brake section
Item 28 = Seal # 83924047
Item 28A = Felt washer # 81826045
Item 29 = Bushing # 81802602 highly unlikely you need it

(quoted from post at 20:18:15 02/18/21) Excellent, thank you. What about the clutch shaft? Oil is also
leaking from there as well.

The clutch shaft goes into the bell housing which should be dry inside.

Are you talking about the shaft the clutch pedal attaches to or the one in front of the foot boards the linkage connects to.
The one the clutch pedal connects to is the brake cross shaft.
The one the linkage connects to goes thru the bell housing the should be dry, if oil is leaking from there the drain hole in the bottom is plugged and you have a trans or engine seal leaking.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back