Ford 8000 wet stack/thermostat question

I have run into the issue of what injector is correct for which engine too. I think a lot of the differences in part numbers is simply that the same design has been used in a very wide array of engines and years. Each minor tweak gets a new part number, and over thirty-plus years it gets to be a lot. Most of the older versions have been superseded, so there are probably only actually a couple of types in that style. As best I can tell, you can use the same model in every non-turbo x000 series.

The numbers you get seem to be a match for the type. Not too big an outlay to find out. You will need to still do all the cleaning of the body and pressure set-up to put them in your existing bodies.
I was able to determine that the original nozzles in the 8000 are CAV nozzles, now known as Lucas/CAV. An online retailer Highway and Heavy parts has them listed with the same Delphi part numbers I posted earlier, list price $19.99. I’ve never ordered from them but going to take a chance.

Thanks for the technical info. I’ve already watched a couple tutorials on setting them and they lined up with your advice. The only issue I’ve run into and determining what nozzles fit my tractor. I could just buy the complete injector and make it easier but I’ve found a couple sources for nozzles in the $20-$25 range (assuming they are the correct ones). The part numbers I’ve found are Delphi 5621837, as well as BDLL150S6790. It seems the same injectors fit many of the Ford tractors both large and small from that era but was told by the owner of the local Ford salvage yard that there was no way of knowing what nozzles I had without pulling one out and looking at what is stamped on the nozzle. I also called the NH dealer and was quoted $192 for one nozzle! The NH part number is D9NN9E527CA for the nozzle and that crosses with the Delphi but still no one has confirmed 100% they are the same.
If you send them to a rebuilder it’s about $75 / each

I was able to determine that the original nozzles in the 8000 are CAV nozzles, now known as Lucas/CAV. An online retailer Highway and Heavy parts has them listed with the same Delphi part numbers I posted earlier, list price $19.99. I’ve never ordered from them but going to take a chance.
Please let us know how they work out for you. I have a few I would like to rebuild that just have bad tips.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back