Ford Funk Value

Norm43

Yesterday I looked at an original 1050 or 51 located in an old shed. The owner (last living son of the original owner) knew I had some of these and wanted me to look at it. He told me he remembered when his dad bought the tractor and then bought the conversion kit and did conversion himself. He was a child but he and his older brother helped.

This old tractor is still on the same farm it was originally delivered to. It has been resting right there in the shed for at least 25 years, and maybe longer. The tires are flat, the radiator empty and the gas tank smells like really bad turpentine but it is all there and all original, except for a CASE tool box bolted to the fender.

One fender is bent a little at the rear. The rest of the sheet metal is old but straight. It has lights. Still a 6 volt but has a very large generator. All of the gauges and the proof meter look functional. It has a water temp gauge on the lower left across from the proof meter. The air intake has the pre-cleaner, the original oil bath and then a very large unit of some sort on top of the carb. Hood had to be notched a couple of inches for it to clear. The carb is the Holly model which I think is the one provided with the kit back in the day.

I do not have a picture, had to crawl over lots of junk just to get to it.

I made an offer … but would appreciate opinions of what others think the value might be in this condition.

Thanks in advance.

Norm........from yer description, ittza parts tractor worth $500. Don't matter iff'n ittza Funk or not. There were approximately 8000 6-cyl Funks made so they are somewhat rare outta 1/2-million 8N's. It would be a project. Scarcest part is the starter drive. Engine parts look fer 1950 Ford 6-cly Pickup. ........Dell

You do not say if it is a V8 Funk or a 6 cyl model.
A true Funk V8 in the condition you state would be worth in the $5K range.
A true Funk 6 cyl would probably fetch around $1.5k
Just a swag on prices mind you but both are worth a lot more than a "normal" N

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back