Ford or Ferguson?

Bruce(OR)

Well, too many pokers in the fire and looking long distance... Her Fergy TO-20 is in the very slow process of getting an Everett added to
it.
That will give it 48 forward gear ranges and 12 reverse. The Hupp combo in it is the lower range model with a top speed of 15 MPH. Will it
match the creeper trans? I doubt it, but will be fun to see what happens.
I also have a 48/50 8N with an industrial engine that I am looking to upgrade to to a '52 model appearance with the proof meter
addition.
Fun part is which machine to put duals onto? I have a set on 8N wheels weights to play with also and the 8N might just become a parade
queen once or twice a year. Maybe. Currently a very large maybe. I figure I am about two months ahead of definite plans as the finances are
currently in flux.
I also have another set of spin outs, but if memory serves, those are not the 11.2 X 28 rims.
I need to get the stuff around here cleaned up and see what falls out of the woodwork.
Bored? Oh no. The truck just tossed an engine with 6K on a rebuild.
Another chink in the finances taking priority.

Sounds like fun actually.
Except for the truck engine...
What happened there?
I like playing around with parts and pieces and own a couple of models that Ford never built.
There is a board member Floldford that has an 8N with LCG (low center of gravity) front spindles from a later tractor on it. Drops the nose about 4 inches. His also has a set of wide, short rear tires on it and together they make his tractor look like a little dragster.
Found a photo on the net. Not sure this is his. Nice tho.
Note the tractor has 900-10 fronts on it. Those alone will drop the nose a couple inches.
I know a guy, fellow Ford owner, lives in SE IA.
He recently mentioned a guy he met who added a second engine to an 8N.
Said to heck with those V8 conversions and added another motor - in tandem with the first. Will see if he can get some photos.
I say build them like you want them.

cvphoto94021.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back