Ford tractor id

ptfarmer

I just bought another tractor (like I really needed another one), anyways I'm having trouble id'ing it. It does have a cast I beam front axle, and drum brakes, here are the stamped numbers (as best as I can see) C40124, C06B, C460105

mvphoto110961.jpg

mvphoto110962.jpg

I believe that the model number is C4012F, not C40124. As Shaun has said, it is a 3400. The model number also tells us that it has a diesel engine, no PTO and if that last character is an F, it has a 4x4 torque converter power reversing transmission.

C460105 is the serial number. That should be a 1975 serial number as Shaun also pointed out.

C06B is part of the Unit Number, but there should be a leading numeral that appears ot be missing. Since the serial number above is a 1975 serial number, my best guess would be that the Unit Number should be 5C06B, which would mean that it was assembled on March 6, 1975 during the day shift.

The 3400 was the Utility model in the 3000 series. Many folks call it an Industrial model but the 3500 and 3550 were the Industrial models in the 3000 series, and those had an even heavier duty front axle.

(quoted from post at 14:04:10 10/19/23) I believe that the model number is C4012F, not C40124. As Shaun has said, it is a 3400. The model number also tells us that it has a diesel engine, no PTO and if that last character is an F, it has a 4x4 torque converter power reversing transmission.

C460105 is the serial number. That should be a 1975 serial number as Shaun also pointed out.

C06B is part of the Unit Number, but there should be a leading numeral that appears ot be missing. Since the serial number above is a 1975 serial number, my best guess would be that the Unit Number should be 5C06B, which would mean that it was assembled on March 6, 1975 during the day shift.

The 3400 was the Utility model in the 3000 series. Many folks call it an Industrial model but the 3500 and 3550 were the Industrial models in the 3000 series, and those had an even heavier duty front axle.

It has manual non-shuttle shift transmission, with a 3 point, and pto.

E is for select o speed which it doesn t have
How about C4012B
C40 = 3400 utility
1 = diesel
2 = 540 trans pto (not live)
B = 6x2 manual transmission

E is for select o speed which it doesn t have
How about C4012B
C40 = 3400 utility
1 = diesel
2 = 540 trans pto (not live)
B = 6x2 manual transmission

(quoted from post at 17:07:55 10/19/23)
(quoted from post at 14:04:10 10/19/23) I believe that the model number is C4012F, not C40124. As Shaun has said, it is a 3400. The model number also tells us that it has a diesel engine, no PTO and if that last character is an F, it has a 4x4 torque converter power reversing transmission.

It has manual non-shuttle shift transmission, with a 3 point, and pto.

Sorry, I was mistaken in the PTO It should have transmission driven (non-live) PTO. I was guessing on the last character for the transmission type, but from your newer pictures, I agree with Destroked that it is a B, which is a 6x2 manual transmission, which makes sense. That tractor model with those options was the least expensive model and set of options in order to be a good loader tractor with a PTO. The 3400 had the fixed width front axle designed for loader work, and the 6 speed was the least expensive transmission at that point, as they had dropped the 4 speed years earlier, and the non-live PTO was the cheapest PTO option without deleting the PTO altogether. I am not saying anything bad about those options, but some buyers had to think about their finances, so that was the least expensive "good loader tractor" available from Ford at the time. It is a good reliable tractor if maintained properly and should last another 40 to 50 years if proper maintenance is continued.

Thank you to everyone who replied for the help, now to get 2 front tires, some new brake shoes, and fix the right rear tube then it should be good to go. Paid $1500 for it, and it drove on the trailer.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back