Friends of Ferguson Heritage AGM

samn40

The FOFH agm was held in Northern Ireland last weekend. We also celebrated our 20th anniversary and with over 5000 members we are the largest Ferguson club in the World.....why don't some of you guys join up? We have a brilliant members only forum with loads of topics and pics loaded every day. I forgot my camera and only managed some photos on Sunday
morning when we put on a spud planting demo.....Using the Ferguson system of course!
Ron from Yorkshire England driving my $60 tractor.....
mvphoto5805.jpg

Rob from Scotland raising some potato drills....
mvphoto5816.jpg

Albert and Jim from the Republic of Ireland tilling the ground..,,
mvphoto5817.jpg

One of the Ferguson bell planters ready for action.....
mvphoto5818.jpg

Discussing the merits of the Perkins 3 cyl 35x......
mvphoto5819.jpg

Even though we had rain on Saturday and ground conditions were not as good as we would have liked, we still managed to plant some spuds.
mvphoto5820.jpg

Over the weekend the buses took the visitors to see 3 local tractor collections, a parts store,an indoor show and of course the Harry Ferguson Homestead.......the disappointing part was, we had only 5 visitors from America and Canada!
I will ask my friends for more photos if you want to see what you missed???..............Sam

Hi Samm, question. Your last picture , the rows for planting appear to be quite close together. Is that the normal procedure for planting that close? Cheers, Murray

Standard was either 26 or 28 inches between the tops of the rows.
At standard wheel setting you could have two drills of spuds
between the wheels.

I'll give you your $60 back so you want lose anything. LOL We always planted on 36 or 38in rows years ago. I think it would be something if we could get people on this side of pond to do what your club does. All the members in our club just want someone else to do everything. Just lazy. Kids want to do something else. I admire your club. Wish I was closer so I could participate.

A Yorkshireman with no hat? He from barkley moor bar tat?
Hey I would have gone... just infect a plane load of innocent people with the worst influenza virus since 1918, chase all the local redheads while under the influence of Bailey's non prescription bottled medicine, and barely be sober enough to give a stuff about planting potatoes.... !!!!!!! sounds like a plan for next year!!!
How do we join from this end? I don't have paypal

Hi Sam , nice pictures - thanks for sharing . Sure looks as if you boys were having fun & not even working up a sweat . What make of disc were being used in those two pictures ? They look like LOVE disc . I have two sets that are in poor condition but I'm hoping to be able to rebuild one good set out of the two . I'm looking for any info such as printed stuff & additional pictures of the LOVE disc . So if you can check that out & let me know (my email is open), I will be greatful . By the way , the finished hilled rows sure look beautiful & straight . Having straight rows like yours sure does help with future additional hilling & weed control . Thanks & God bless , Ken

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back