Front Wheel fell off! Please Help!!!

ChrisLPD-HT

New User
Hi, Please Help…

We have a 4WD Yanmar FX-26(D) and I was moving some dirt around on level ground at the pistol range today. I had the 6’ box blade on rear as a counter balance and was in 2WD reverse with a ¾ load of loose/dry dirt in the bucket no higher than headlight level…and the right front wheel just fell off! This tractor is garaged, regulary serviced with supplies from Hoye, Purrs like a kitten, and only has a few hundred hours on it. It does not have what I would consider any major hard use on it…

My first thought is all six of the lug nuts must have somehow all snapped, but after some investigation and disassembly, I found that the round plate that the lug nuts bolt into that has a splined shaft on the backside broke clean into at the point where the shaft and the plate meet. Close inspection suggests that this assembly was either defective in original casting or has been partially broken for quite some time with only a portion of the casting holding it together. I should also note that the front wheel seals have been replaced less about a year ago and the front 4WD axle assembly was full of the appropriate gear fluid changed when seals were replaced. No obvious sign of water/debri/metal in the fluid as it oozed all over us.

I don’t know much about these tractors and not even sure what this broken part is called to search for a replacement. Was also wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem or could suggest a cause, possible fix, or especially even know where I can find a new or used replacement part. Also seems that the FX-26 is an uncommon of the refurb Yanmars and curious if anyone is familiar if any other FX/YM or other series or makes of tractors use the same part.

Thanks,

Captain C. Prokesh
Firearms Training Division
Leesburg Police Department.

I believe the part in question is called a stub axle. The parts manual for the FX24D list part number 194556-14110. Google turns up nothing. No idea whether that would fit the FX26D or not.

You need to contact this sight or other parts suppliers.

Thank You Winston. I went thru the list of parts tractors on Hoye website and they have several F models and many in 4WD... does anyone possibly know the part number for the right front "stub axle" on a 4wd F22, F24, or Fx32??? (F24 may be same as Winston's part number for FX24??? I have no idea what the "X" means in model difference). Hoping these tractors with the 4WD option all use the same or similar front drive axle i can buy a used part off of. Ive been searching the web and matching a used part appears to be my only hope. Thanks.

Added 6:15pm: Hey Winston could I get you to check and see if both the front/right and front/left Stub Axle is the same part number on your 24? Thanks.

Part numbers are the same on both sides. The X in the model number indicates power shift, without the X is manual transmission. The stub axle is the same on both. The D is for 4 wheel drive.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back