G 230 engine

Achodges1

I have an old AC FTP 60 forklift that has a G230 six cylinder engine. Was this engine used for any agricultural applications? I would like to find out the fireing order and where to get a few ignition parts. Can"t find a serial number anywhere on the lift so parts dealers don"t know what to tell me.

That was a Buda engine , and I've heard guys talking about them in the Gleaners, but I don't know if its the same one . All your tune up stuff should be at Napa , bring the Delco Dist # with you to be sure...I worked on A/C forklifts for years , that was sure a smooth running engine ....

If it is a Buda engine like I am betting, or AC's later version. The stuff you need will be in these applications. D19 gas, as stated I think some Gleaners used this engine and Cockshutt used that same engine in the 40, Also a larger version in the 50.

When it was a Buda engine the model number was 6BD230.

hth
jt

The G-230 was used on A series Gleaners. I have one I was to put a generator on. The SAME block was also used to build the G-262 and the D-262. These engine were use on the C-II Gleaner. I have a LP fueled version of the G-262. For the ignition on your fork lift, the parts are common Delco stuff BUT you should think about a PERTRONIX electronic ignition system. It ALL fits under the distributor cap. I install this on my C-II and Dad's two gasoline burning C-II. Then we did not have point to worry about during the two to three weeks of madness during Fescue harvest.

Kent

Have a G230 also and am trying to figure out what bell housing and clutch will bolt up to it. Mine was off a combine. Any info would be appreciated. Have been told maybe wd45 or D series. Am planning on building the tractor around the engine, so need something that hopefully would bolt up to give me a clutch.

The d-17 and wd45 diesels were 230. Very desirable engine to have. The parts are out there but they are more expensive because they are a lot rarer.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back