hello im looking for a small round baler like 4x4 or 4x5 and i came across a gehl 1310 baler. just wondering if any of ya know if its a decent baler or not. i heard they dont make the tightest bales as its a fixed chamber but im new to round balers and dont know to much about them. also is parts for them readily available? any knowledge about these balers is much appreciated. tia.

They weren't built by Gehl. I believe they were an Owatonna. I've had Gehl belt balers since 1979. Just my opinion as a long time
Gehl baler owner, I'd stay away from that 1310. I suppose somebody who has one will come along and tell you they didn't make a
mistake when they bought one, but I'm giving you my opinion, not theirs. The 1400 and 1450 had a table belt, I'd think twice before
I bought one of those. Good balers for their time, but that time has come and gone. A 1460, 1465, 1470, 1475 and whatever the
number was on the last and final model was, I think you'd be happy. They were all belt balers with a roller in the bottom.

Gehl 1310 is a drum Baler, made on a US license using the Claas European design. They were made as Gehl and as OMC. I have two of the
larger OMC balers that make a 5x5 Bale. It is a very simple design, works good, people that have them like them. They make a soft core bale
so the bales aren't as pretty, but the animals love them. If you don't buy the 1310 let me know where it is I'm interested. I suggest you
search the archives of this site for discussions of OMC balers. You will get a lot of good information there that applies to the Baler you're
looking at. They were very common in Wisconsin and Minnesota where OMC was located. Where is the one you're looking at?

(quoted from post at 12:27:21 07/30/22) Gehl 1310 is a drum Baler, made on a US license using the Claas European design. They were made as Gehl and as OMC. I have two of the
larger OMC balers that make a 5x5 Bale. It is a very simple design, works good, people that have them like them. They make a soft core bale
so the bales aren't as pretty, but the animals love them. If you don't buy the 1310 let me know where it is I'm interested. I suggest you
search the archives of this site for discussions of OMC balers. You will get a lot of good information there that applies to the Baler you're
looking at. They were very common in Wisconsin and Minnesota where OMC was located. Where is the one you're looking at?

that makes sense, as there soft core could i use a bale spike with them or is that not a good idea. i found it on craigslist located in bath PA above Allentown PA.

We have run one 10 years or more. Works great other than the auto tie on ours isn't working. The bales can be made quite tight but takes a long time going slow to pack the last bit in. We don't bother, just run it until the gage is pegged and tie. Once bale
is started you can drive at silly speeds, 10 mph etc down the windrow.

Bales have very little trouble with going dusty. No core to deal with if you happen to use an unroller. No belts to mess with. No weaving to fill.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back