Got a real cuckoo bugging me lol

Philip d

We have a high dump wagon for sale online locally. I have it priced at a certain price and a guy phoned up wanting to look at it Saturday. He knew before he came what the asking price is. He said his broke on Friday and he needs one ASAP. He looked it over and was happy with it. He asked me what?s my best price,I said you know the asking price what are you thinking? He offered me 3000 less than the asking price,I said I can?t do that the absolute best I?m willing to do is 1500 less and no lower because it?s a really good dump,I replaced 2 tires and the other 2 are good ,I sandblasted primed and spray painted it 2 years ago and put new decals on it after I put a new liner in the front half of the floor. We?ve paid near full asking price for most things we?ve bought over the years if it was something we needed and in really good shape. We sold a lot of items this summer at a fair bit less than we paid for them and the asking price for this particular dump in fully restored condition falls well in line with any of the same models in non repainted condition on Tractor House so I?m sticking to my price. He has it in his head well take 2000 less and not 1500 less and said he?d write me a check on the spot (how do I know it?s good?) I said I?m sorry it?s a good dump looks almost like brand new and my price is fair. Anyhow he messaged me tonight and said I have until Thursday night to accept his offer and I might as well sell it to him vs paying to keep it in storage. He?s ticking me off,I said I?m sorry I?m sticking to my price. I asked one of his neighbours that I know what he?s like and he said he?s a bit dangerous whatever that means he didn?t elaborate. I do know his father let his herd of dairy cattle starve to death and freeze in their own manure 15 years ago and he avoided charges by claiming mental health issues (possibly true,why else would you let that happen?). He turned the farm over to this guy ,his son who seems a bit sketchy himself. Any advice other than stick to my guns and don?t engage in bully tactics? I have the right to hold my line,I?ve lowered my price if he doesn?t like it he doesn?t have to buy it.

The way I handle folks setting dead lines is just tell him fine if he des not buy it by Thursday you are going UP $500.00 Your offer of a low price only holds till his Thursday deadline. If he does not take it there will be another buyer someday.

Very scary. What a terrible person he is, what he has done and what he is doing to you now. I don't know what you should do but let people know what's going on, friends family neighbors.Creepy. My guess is he'll continue harassing you until he finds his next victim.

I'd tell him the deadline for him to buy at my reduced is Wednesday after that it goes back to the original asking price.Also CASH no other payment.Or I'd tell him to buzz off its not for sale to him at any price if I didn't feel like fooling with him.

Yup,if he does cave I?m only accepting cash or certified cheque as payment. I don?t owe him anything and I don?t like his bully tactics. If he keeps messaging and trying to get under my skin I?m not engaging.

I tell most guys that my lower price is only good until they leave the yard and then it goes back up to the original asking price. I quit playing games with fellows like this one years ago. Life is too short. I would text him and tell him YOUR dead line is X an stick to it. Good equipment always sells. So unless your really needing the money I would let it set. If it is really nice you could very well get the full asking price next season. That would be pretty good pay for storing it a season. Heck it is early in the season here because corn silage is many more tons here. More stuff broke by heavy loads.

I would not take anything but cash from him. Cashiers checks are not golden either. So if I have any worries about the payment it is CASH only.

If this guy would have offered $3000 less, I?d countered with a $3000 higher offer. Besides this guy is supposed to be in a bind. If that is true why does he have a problem with only $500. Next time he calls, tell him it?s the original price cash only deal, take it or leave it. Sounds like he is the kind of guy who may expect a warranty too.......

I agree totally with JD Seller and Tony in SD. I've seen folks like that before. Bad news.

Even on the outset that he caves and brings you cash or certified check, make certain you have other folks there to witness the deal (actually, to keep him from doing something that would allow him to get the wagon for free.....if you catch my drift). DO NOT take chances with people like this!

Here?s a few pictures of the dump,first 2 when it was just painted last one was last fall before it went back in storage.
cvphoto33250.jpg

Thank you,it was originally orange ,Sunflower bought out
Richardton years ago and to this day still makes this wagon
only painted red&yellow and rebadged Sunflower 8020 so I
decided on Sunflower colours but left the proper name and
number to match this wagon.

Remind him that you aren't the one that says he NEEDS the machine. Then tell him that it's not for sale to him, unless he's willing to give you at least $ XXXX MORE than your original asking price, IN CASH, just for the inconvenience of dealing with him. From there,money talks, and we all know what walks.

He's obviously got your number confused with that of the mental health hotline.

Help him out by giving him the correct number, then block him.

And on another note,acting like that if he does cough up the 3 grand attach a paper you get noterized that its as is with him signing it,a copy for you,coppy for him

Well that?s just it,I always price with negotiation allowances provided,he low balled me but I said I?d meet in the middle no lower and he?s not taking it too well. He?s free to find one of his liking for a price he?s happier with.

I sometimes price things to be able to come down some but other times I put what I think is a very reasonable price and that is it buy it or not as I know it'll sell.Same with buying if the price is cheap or a good deal and I need the item I buy it, fool around and it'll be gone.On some way over priced item I want I usually call talk to the seller and wait for a week or so if its not sold in a couple weeks I may go look at it hoping the seller has gotten frustrated and will sell for much less.Just did that with the last tractor I bought he had it for sale for 3 weeks and he was ready to sell to me cheap.Every deal is different.

If he can't afford to fix his own little red wagon, how can he afford yours?
I say put the price back to original and go up from there every time he calls...
or its sold so go away.....
will call you thursday evening for a check in,for next week.
phil

Seems to me that he has a lot of nerve giving you a deadline. If I were you, the price would go back up to the original asking price. That is a fair price for a good piece of equipment. Why give a discount to a jerk?

Consider that if you do sell to this guy, you may end up "married" to that equipment for a long time because he will bug you about every little problem that he imagines about it. At some point, you could wish that you had never sold it to him.

My son is living about 600 miles away from me and was driving a vehicle in my name. We decided to sell it in the city that he is living in and put it on Craigslist for a very fair price. After getting about 100 emails, a lot of them saying "I want it. Save it for me!", and them not even showing up to see it, I really lost all patience with other people attempting to buy what I own. That said, stick to your guns. You own it and if you don't want to come down on your price, don't. Take cash only, no checks and I'd probably leave it in an area where it could always be watched or disable it by chaining it down. Good luck!

Next time he bugs you, if he has not agreed to your price, add $500 to the price and say each time it will go up. I hate nut jobs.

not sure I would start raising the price back to original with a problem case like that one, but I would sure not lower the price any more. if you have to store it over the winter, there will be more chopping seasons coming. we are at least a month from starting corn here.

The part about writing a check right now is funny as ****. I've never been incentivized by watching a person write a check - Watching a person stack $100 bills is another issue....

Block him and keep advertising.

When I sell stuff sometimes I end up taking the only offer I get because another one may not come along ?
One way is to have another person show up right after the first guy and act like they are interested in it ! Weather it happens on it's own or you set it up it will get the looky lous to put out the money or move on. lol.

I would tell this jerk that he has till Tuesday to honor the lower price you quoted, and then you go back up as you quoted too low. AND your uncle wanted it anyway and may just keep it for next season.

Otherwise life is too short to deal with the pond scum of the world... His problems are NOT your problems. His disease should not be your disease.

Several years ago I had a Bass boat for sale on CL. In the add I mentioned the PRICE WAS FIRM. DON'T EVEN ASK! I had it priced well below value in my opinion/ A guy came in the morning to look at it, liked it, and offered me $500 less. I told him it was no longer for sale, and walked into the house. He left, texted me a couple hours later, and offered full price. Told him again, not for sale. Sold it that afternoon for full asking price. When I sell something I don't haggle on price, When I buy something I don't haggle on price either. I either buy it or I don't. Makes life simpler.

Tell him NO DEAL.
Knew a man that built a house every 2 years and sold them and then built another. Made good money doing it and no capital gains tax. This was years ago.
Put one up for sale with a real estate agent at $90,000.
Couple looked at it and offered him $75,000.
He said no.
The real estate agent fussed at him and said your supposed to now make a counter offer.
The owner said, OK, $95,000.
Good move on his part as he was in no hurry to sell it.
Richard

I'd go back to my original posted price and tell him to take it or leave it. If I'm gonna give someone a bargain, it's gonna be someone that I like at least a little bit.

I'd brush this guy off as quick as you can. Move on. Someone will buy it.

I used to sell a lot of used crap when I was doing small engine work. I generally set a price, take it or leave it. I don't like dickering and didn't have the time for it back then when I had a yard full of repairs to work on. "Will you hold it until I get there"? I'll hold it until the first guy walks in the door with the cash to buy it. Got left at the alter too many times holding something "until I can get there".

Agreed, life is too short, if you're selling something ask what you want to get for it and don't jack around. If you HAVE to sell something, that's a different story, not a good position to be in anyway.
I
sell cars for a living besides what pennies I make at home, been doing it 23 years. To this day it amazes me when somebody wants to buy one of our cars and I say we don't negotiate, price is the price and
they get upset with me! I DO have the right to sell MY cars for whatever I want and, "Mr. I want to negotiate" has the choice to buy whatever car he is willing to pay for, that's that.

Same crap here. Posted a tractor for sale on bookface $1900. Clown offers me $1000. I said try again. He asked what would buy it today? I told him $2100 cash. "hey, you just went up $200!" "You wasted my time and I need to get paid for that too!"

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back